Cambodia e-visa requirements for Canadian citizens
- 1. Cambodia e-Visa for Canadians
- 2. How to apply for a Cambodia visa from Canada
- 3. Check Cambodia e-Visa fees for Canadian citizens
Canadians love nothing more than getting out there and traveling, especially during the cold winters, because they have one of the world's most powerful passports and a native language that is understood all over the world.
Cambodia attracts visitors due to its year-round hot climate and world-famous temples. To visit this place, travelers must apply for a visa to enter. In case the waiting time or expenses or even both of them are your concern when applying, do not worry because in 2006, the Cambodian government decided to launch the new type of visa called electronic visa (e-visa).
This type of visa is a solution for the Cambodian tourism industry promotion, which has some advantages about waiting time and cost compared to the casual type.
In this article, you can find all the necessary information about Cambodia e-visa for Canadian citizens.
1. Cambodia e-Visa for Canadians
Cambodia e-visa for Canadians is a formal and official document that allows visitors to enter Cambodia. Everyone must get an e-visa to travel to Cambodia.
By now, there is only 1 type of e-visa available for worldwide citizens: the visa T. This Cambodia type is valid for 3 months from the date of issue and helps you stay in Canada for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival
Canadian citizens visiting Cambodia for tourism purposes should obtain the Cambodia e-Visa from Canada before they enter the country.
The Cambodian online visa was designed to expedite the visa application process and save travelers time when applying for visas.
However, Cambodia visa policy states that Canadian citizens who wish to visit Cambodia for reasons other than tourism, and with different lengths of stay offered by the single-entry and multiple-entry visas, should visit their nearest Cambodia embassy in Canada to apply for the appropriate visa for their trip.
Check Cambodia visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Canadian travelers planning to visit Cambodia need to meet the Cambodia visa requirements for Canadian citizens before applying for the Cambodia eVisa, which involve having:
- A valid passport which is valid for at least 6 months starting from the date of your arrival. In addition, you need a scanned copy of your passport biographical page alongside a photograph of yourself (clear background and right composition are required).
- A frequently used email address to receive the e-visa result.
- Health document and insurance: you have to get a COVID-19 insurance in order to let the local authority control and protect you in any circumstances. You also need to provide a COVID-19 vaccination certificate with at least 2 doses of vaccine confirmed.
2. How to apply for a Cambodia visa from Canada
As a Canadian citizen, applying for a Cambodia visa online is now easier than ever. After meeting all of the above requirements, an applicant only needs 10 minutes to complete the application.
Canadian nationals can obtain the Cambodian tourist visa online in 3 steps
The Cambodia e-Visa for Canadians is intended to be simple from start to finish. A Canadian passport holder can fill out the information, pay the visa fee, and receive confirmation in just a few steps.
Once all of the required information and the fee have been collected, the Cambodia e-Visa for Canadians will be sent to the email address provided. It is critical that supporting documentation be submitted with the application. This ensures that travelers receive their visa as soon as possible.
Average approval time varies slightly. Approvals are typically sent within three business days. Visas are sometimes granted as soon as 24 hours after the application is submitted.
Must-know informations about Cambodia online visa for Canadian citizens:
How long is a Visa to Cambodia from Canada valid for?
A Cambodia electronic visa for Canada citizens is valid for 03 months from the issued date. This means an evisa can only be used once within the three months as it is valid.
This is a single entry visa, allowing Canada travelers to stay in Cambodia for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
What port to enter Cambodia with e-visa?
Canadians, who hold Cambodia eVisa, can be used to enter Cambodia through the following ports:
- Phnom Penh - PNH - Phnom Penh - Phnom Penh
- Siem Reap - REP - Siem Reap - Siem Reap
- Sihanoukville-KOS-Sihanoukville- Preah Sihanouk
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province) (from Thailand)
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) (from Thailand)
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) (from Vietnam)
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang Province) (from Laos)
3. Check Cambodia e-Visa fees for Canadian citizens
In total, there are 02 kinds of Cambodia visa fees you need to pay when applying for any Cambodia e-Visa for Canadian citizens: the government and the service fee.
For the government fee, since the Canada is not on the exemption list of Cambodia, you are required to add this fee to your total receipt.
About the service fee, there are 03 options available:
- Normal: you will receive your visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: you will receive your visa within 24 hours with this service type.
- Super Urgent: You will receive your visa within 5 hours
Discovery Cambodia extra services for travelers
On the Cambodia Immigration Services website, we provide extra services for travelers who want to visit Cambodia for the best experience. Check it out right now:
- Where to stay in Cambodia? We have compiled a list of the best hotels in Cambodia that are close to tourist attractions. Check them at Hotel Booking Service.
- How much of Cambodia flight ticket price? Find out the domestic flights at reasonable rates for tourists. Your choice here: Domestic flights Booking Service.
- Where is the best Cambodia Tour Booking Service price? Please contact us if you find them. Lists of outstanding tourist attractions to visit, exciting things to try, and tour packages for families, couples, and so on, all at the most affordable price for you to choose from.
- Best car Pick-up Service in Cambodia for travelers: When you arrive at the airport, a team of professional drivers will meet you. What you need to do after a long flight is relax and enjoy the scenery on the modern car.
- Travel insurance is important. It provides you with peace of mind while in Cambodia. The most significant benefit of travel insurance for travelers is the necessary assistance when unexpected incidents occur.
It's wonderful that these extra services are now available on our website. Fill in the information once and choose the type of service you want, saving you a lot of time and money.
Hope this articles give you the usefull information about Cambodia visa for Canadian citizens. If you need to book a Cambodia online visa, let contact us NOW!