Cambodia visa requirements for Antarctic residents
The tourism industry in South East Asia has boomed in recent decades, and while Thailand remains the region's most popular tourist destination, Cambodia is also seeing significant growth. Antarctic residents can easily travel to Cambodia, but they will need a valid visa to enter the country.
Getting a Cambodian visa from Antarctica online eliminates the need for Antarctic residents to apply for the visa at a Cambodian embassy, a process that often requires standing in long lines and gathering several paper documents.
The e-Visa for Cambodia allows Antarctic residents who are visiting Cambodia for leisures to apply online from the comfort of their own homes.
Read on to learn everything you need to know about Cambodian e-visa requirements for Antarctic residents.
Cambodia e-visa for Antarctic residents
1. Cambodia e-visa for Antarctic residents:
Antarctic residents need a visa to enter Cambodia. Cambodia has visa-free agreements with only nine countries.
Luckily, it is now easier than ever to obtain a Cambodian visa for Antarctic residents following the introduction of the e-Visa for Cambodia.
Cambodia e-Visa stands for Cambodia electronic visa. This means you can apply for the visa online and receive it from the comfort of your own home at your leisure.
This visa is an online travel authorization that allows citizens of over 200 countries to enter this Southeast Asian country, including Antarctica.
Cambodia e-Visa for Antarctic residents is a single-entry visa and valid for a period of up to 03 months from the issued date. It is used for tourism or other leisure purposes.
Antarctic residents traveling to Cambodia for reasons other than leisure – such as work or study – or those staying for more than 30 days will be required to apply in person at the Cambodian embassy in Antarctica for the appropriate types of Cambodian visas.
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Antarctic residents:
Cambodia e-visa requirements for Antarctic residents
It is best to check the Cambodia visa requirements for Antarctic residents before beginning the e-Visa form. Applicants can learn how long they can visit with an electronic visa and what requirements they must meet.
Citizens from Antarctica are required to meet the Cambodian e-Visa requirements including the following:
- Have a valid Antarctic passport for at least 6 months after your arrival in Cambodia. To accommodate border stamps, the passport should have at least two blank pages. If these requirements are not met, you will need to obtain a new passport before applying for a Cambodia online visa.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A digital photo in any format: For the visa application, the applicant needs to provide a recently taken photo (passport size). This photograph should be taken in color with a white background. The photo is taken within 6 months of the visa application.
- Email address – To communicate with you, we will use your email address. There, we will send you all updates on the status of your e-Visa, and we will notify you if additional documents are required.
- Travel Insurance Documents
- Covid-19 Vaccination Card/ Certificate
- A hotel booking or Hotel reservation documents
In addition, Antarctic residents are required to present the following supporting documentation at the border crossing in Cambodia:
- A printout of their Cambodia eVisa
All information and documents are sent to our email address. Antarctic travelers do not need to present paperwork in person at the embassy.
3. How to get a Cambodia visa for Antarctic residents:
How to get a Cambodia visa for Antarctic residents
Tourists from Antarctica do not need to visit a Cambodian embassy or stand in line at the airport to obtain a Cambodia visa. An online portal is available for Antarctic residents to apply for the Cambodia e-Visa. The online visa application process for Antarctic residents is simple and quick
In order to get the visa for Cambodia online, Antarctic residents just need to follow the following instruction:
Step 1: Fill out an online form with personal and passport information
Step 2: Pay the visa application fee online. Candidates are able to pay the e-Visa fee using a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
Step 3: Download and print out the Cambodia e visa
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
Note: Antarctic residents can apply for an eVisa at any time. If the departure date specified in the application form is more than one month after the application date, the approved e-Visa will be sent prior to the trip, taking the arrival date into account.
Once the applicant submits the online form, the visa application can be processed in as little as 05 hours. The applicants will be notified via the email address provided on the online application. Depending on the day of application, approval may take longer.
Once the visa has been processed, an email with a copy of the e-Visa is sent. Although the e-Visa is electronically linked to the applicant's passport, it is still recommended to print copies of the visa for presentation to immigration officers upon entry into Cambodia.
4. Cambodia e visa fees for Antarctic residents:
Cambodia visa fees for Antarctic residents vary depending on the type of permit applied for. In general, an e-Visa is typically less expensive than a traditional embassy visa.
To apply for a Cambodia visa online from Antarctica, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees.
When applying for a Cambodia e visa, you have three options for the processing time of your visa:
- Normal: If you select this option, your application will be processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: You can receive the document within 1 Business Day
- Super urgent: In just 5 Business hours, you will be able to get your e-Visa
In addition, Cambodia Immigration Services also provides other package services to assist travelers while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia