Cambodia visa requirements for Australian citizens
Australia and Cambodia are both in the Asia-Pacific region so in general, the travel time to each other is not too long. Therefore, ASEAN nations, and Cambodia to be specific, will be Australians top preferred travel destinations for tourism and religious pilgrimage if needed.
To travel to Cambodia, Australian citizens must obtain a visa. Fortunately, applying for and receiving approval for a Cambodia visa for Australian citizens can be done quickly and easily online.
In this article, you can see everything you need to know about the Cambodia e-visa, including Cambodia e-visa requirements for Australian citizens, total cost and how to get a Cambodia visa from Australia. This is what we have been concluding so far as an experienced travel consultant.
1. Cambodia Visa for Australian citizens:
The Cambodia electronic visa, or e-Visa, was introduced in 2006 as a solution for Cambodian tourism promotion. The Cambodia e-Visa for Australians is a document required by the Cambodian government which can be used as an official permit for all Australian citizens to enter Cambodia freely. It is obtained by filling out an online form. Visitors from the majority of countries, including Australia, are eligible to use the digital system.
Australian nationals with a Cambodian e-Visa may enter the Kingdom and stay for a limited time with the following featured list:
- Tourism, business and leisure activities, not for employment.
- Single entry to Cambodia.
- Up to 30 days in the country.
If you plan to travel to Cambodia for a short-term vacation or business, this is the most ideal choice undoubtedly.
Australian who wish to stay for longer than a month or for non-tourism purposes should contact the Cambodian Embassy in Australia for visa information.
2. Cambodia visa requirements for Australian citizens
Alongside filling the e-Visa application form, Australian passport holders should review the visa conditions. Evaluating the whole process, you can see the e-visa has more advantages than disadvantages. It helps you save time and effort when you only need a decent entry license.
According to the government announcement, Cambodia e-visa requirements for Australian citizens include the following:
- A legal passport which has at least 6 months validity from the date of arrival in Cambodia and a blank page for stamping. In addition, you need to provide a scanned copy of your passport biographical page with 1 photo/person which should be named as your full name.
- Health and COVID-related document: COVID-19 insurance is compulsory if you want to enter Cambodia for any purpose in order to decrease pressure on the Cambodian National health and medical system in case of a bad situation. Besides, vaccination is required as well. You will need to get at least 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccines before entering Cambodia.
- Hotel reservation (if any).
3. How do i get a visa for Cambodia from Australia:
To obtain a Cambodia visa for Australians, firstly you have to access the Cambodia online visa application form. Travelers from Australia can apply for a Cambodian visa entirely online, from the comfort of their own home. All that is required is a stable internet connection and a device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Citizens of Australia can apply for Cambodia visa online in 3 steps
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodian visa online
When you realize you might have made a mistake after submitting the e-Visa form, you still can correct the error until the application is processed.
4. Cambodia visa fees for Australian citizens:
The Cambodia visa fees for Australian citizens varies depending on the type of service you choose but still generally lower than the casual visa. The Cambodian visa fee can be securely paid online using a debit or credit card, PayPal, American Express, Visa Card or wire transfers. Customer's data is protected.
To obtain a Cambodia visa for Australian citizens, you have to pay 02 kinds of Visa Fee, which are called service fee and Government Fee. The government fee is compulsory because Australia is still not in the exemption list of Cambodia. About service fee, we have three options that accommodate your needs:
- Normal: the standardized service that can help you get your e-visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: With this type of service, you can get your e-visa within just 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent: this is the highest priority type when you can get your e-visa within just 5 business hours.
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- Aaland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Arab Saudi
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- Central African
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands