Cambodia visa requirements for Belgian citizens
To enter Cambodia, Belgian citizens must have a Cambodian visa and a valid Belgian passport. Depending on the purpose of their visit, Belgians can apply for different types of visas to Cambodia. Cambodia's government recently implemented an online electronic visa for a number of eligible countries, including Belgian citizens.
An approved Cambodia e-Visa for Belgian citizens is sent to the applicant via email, eliminating the need to apply from an embassy or consulate or wait in long lines at Cambodian border control to obtain a visa on arrival. It is a single-entry visa that is valid for a 30-day stay in tourism and is valid for a total of 90 days from the date of approval.
Continue reading to find out how to apply for a Cambodia visa from Belgium.
1. Cambodia e-visa for Belgian citizens:
The e-Visa serves as a means of authorization that allows tourists from different countries to join Cambodia. The processing and obtaining of the document are online, that's why it's called an ''electronic visa''.
The Cambodia e-visa for Belgian citizens is an online visa announced in 2006 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia and is expected to be implemented in the near future. Cambodia e-visa is a type of electronic travel permit that allows Belgians to legally enter Cambodia for tourism purposes.
Belgian Citizens who need a visa to visit Cambodia and stay for more than 30 days must apply at a Cambodian embassy in Belgium .
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Belgian citizens:
Belgian travelers visiting Cambodia on an e-visa will need to fulfill certain basic requirements to successfully submit an e-visa application. These Cambodia e-visa requirements for Belgian citizens include:
- Official Belgian Passport: The applicant must have a valid Belgian passport. This passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the applicant's intended arrival date in Cambodia.
- Confirm their passport include at least 2 blank pages on the passport for entry and exit stamps
- A scan of the information page of your passport
- A JPEG or PNG digital photograph: For the application for a visa, the applicant must provide a recently taken photo (passport size). This photo should be taken in color against a white background. The applicant's photo should be taken within 6 months of submitting the visa application.
- Email address: During the visa application process, the applicant must provide a valid email address. This email will be used to notify the traveler if their visa application was approved or denied.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Card/ Certificate.
- Proof of travel insurance.
- Hotel Reservation Documents.
Because your Cambodia e-Visa will be sent via email, you must be extremely cautious when typing it in. Double-check your spelling. Remember that the entire process and payment are completed online.
3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa online from Belgium
Tourists from Belgium do not need to go to a Cambodian embassy or wait in line at the airport when entering Cambodia to obtain a Cambodian visa for Belgian citizens. Belgian citizens can apply for the Cambodia e-Visa through an online portal. The online visa application for Belgians is easy and straightforward.
In order to get a visa for Cambodia online from Belgium, Belgian travelers must:
- Step 1: Fill in the online Cambodian visa for Belgian application with basic personal, passport, and travel information, and upload supporting documents in a digital format.
- Step 2: Pay the e-Visa fee through a secure online system.
- Step 3: Print out 2 copies of the Cambodia e-Visa.
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
The process of obtaining a Cambodia visa for Belgian citizens takes around 15 minutes to complete.
The Cambodian government reviews all requests, and Belgian applicants will receive approved e-Visas via email within three days. It is recommended that Belgian visitors print a copy and keep it with their travel documents before departing.
4. Cambodia e-visa fees for Belgian citizens:
The Cambodia e-visa fees include government fees and service fees.
The amount you will be charged depends on the type of processing you select. We provide three options to satisfy the needs and pockets of everyone:
- Normal: When you select this option, your electronic visa will be delivered to you via email in 3 Business Days. This is the most cost-effective processing time you have available.
- Urgent: Your application will be reviewed within 24 business hours.
- Super Urgent: This is the option for you if you have an emergency and need to get on a plane to Egypt as soon as possible. Your application will be reviewed and processed within 5 business hours.
The online Cambodian visa fee can be paid securely online with a debit or credit card, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, or American Express
In addition, Cambodia Immigration services also provide other package services to assist travelers while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia