Cambodia visa for Bhutanese citizens
Bhutan is one of many countries eligible for a Cambodia e-Visa, which means that as a Bhutanese citizen, you no longer need to visit the nearest embassy to obtain your travel document. Instead, you can apply online, and Cambodia Immigration Services will help you through the process.
If you are looking for more information on how to get a Cambodia visa for Bhutanese citizens, the documents needed, and the process, we have prepared a step-by-step guide in the articlebelow.
Cambodia visa for Bhutanese citizens
1. Cambodia e-visa for Bhutanese citizens:
To visit Cambodia, Bhutanese citizens must obtain a visa. Bhutanese are not permitted to enter the Kingdom unless they have a valid visa.
The type of visa required to enter the country is determined by the Bhutanese traveler's specific needs and circumstances. However, for short-term leisure trips, the Cambodian online visa is the quickest and easiest.
Applying for a Cambodia visa from Bhutan is fast and straightforward. It removes the need to visit a Cambodian embassy in person or wait in long lines at the border to apply for a visa on arrival.
The Cambodia e-Visa, introduced in 2006 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia, is the official travel document needed by foreigners who visit Cambodia for tourism purposes.
A Cambodia e-visa for Bhutanese citizens is a single entry visa that allows a total stay of 30 days in Cambodia for tourism and leisure purposes. It may also be extended for stays that are longer than 30 days.
Bhutanese passport holders should be aware that the e-Visa for Cambodia only allows for tourism. If they intend to travel to Cambodia for long-term relocation or other reasons, they should apply for a regular visa at the nearest Cambodian Embassy in Bhutan.
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens:
In order to submit an e-visa form, applicants must first ensure that they meet the Cambodia visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens
The applicant should have the following information on hand in order to successfully complete an application:
- A valid passport is required for all applicants. You must ensure that the passport is valid for at least 6 months from the intended arrival date in Cambodia. It must also include at least one blank page for verification.
- Digital photo of yourself – the photo should be as recent as possible, but it must meet the photo requirements. It will be included in your e-Visa.
- A copy of the passport's biographical page is also required. Scannable images or photos are also acceptable. The image should be clear and the text legible.
- E-mail address – Cambodia Immigration Services will send you the e-visa in PDF format via email, and you should print it before departure.
- Travel Insurance Documents
- Covid-10 Certificate (at least 02 doses of covid-19 vaccination)
- Hotel booking confirmation/accommodation details in Cambodia
Bhutanese citizens must first obtain a new passport before proceeding with the application process. Because the e-Visa for Cambodia is linked to the passport number, you must travel on the same passport that you used to apply for the visa.
Children traveling on their parents' passports must have their parent or legal guardian fill out a separate application form on their behalf.
All applicants need to send us a passport-sized photo that meets the Cambodia e-Visa photo requirements.
Cambodia visa requirements for Bhutanese citizens
3. How to get a Cambodia visa for Bhutanese citizens:
Bhutanese visitors can apply for a Cambodian visa completely online, from the comfort of their own homes. All you need is a reliable internet connection and a device like a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Applying for a Cambodia online visa from Bhutan is a straightforward online procedure that eliminates the need to visit or contact the embassy. A Cambodia visa application takes only a few minutes.
Find below the 3 steps to follow to obtain the e-Visa from Bhutan:
Step 1: Fill out the Cambodia e-visa form
Step 2: Pay the Cambodia processing fee. After that, you should send us some additional documents if required.
Step 3: Submit the electronic application
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia online visa
Cambodian authorities review all e-visa forms submitted by Bhutanese nationals and usually respond with a resolution within 05 hours to 3 business days.
Bhutanese citizens will receive an approved e-Visa directly issued to their passport if they correctly answered all the questions on the electronic visa forms. They will also receive a confirmation email, which we recommend they print out ahead of time.
4. Cambodia visa fees for Bhutanese citizens:
Cambodia visa fees for Bhutanese citizens
To apply for a Cambodia visa online from Bhutan, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees. Because it eliminates the need for trips to the embassy, the Cambodia e-visa is a cost-effective option for Bhutanese. The entire procedure is carried out online.
Cambodia e visa fees for Bhutanese citizens are paid securely online with a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
In addition, you must specify a time frame for processing your application. Cambodian Immigration Services has three options, each with its own fee:
- Normal: The slowest option guarantees that you will receive your Cambodia visa in 03 business days.
- Urgent: If you select this option, your application will be processed within one business day, and you will be charged an additional fee.
- Super urgent: If you require your visa as soon as possible, this is your best option. Within 5 business hours, you can expect to receive your visa for Cambodia. This is, as you might expect, the most expensive option.
In addition, Cambodia immigration services also provide other package services to assist travelers while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia