Cambodia visa for Botswana citizens: Visa Cost in November 2023
Because Botswana citizens are eligible for an electronic visa, you have the right to apply for a Cambodia visa online as a Botswanian citizen. Cambodia immigration services can facilitate the online application process for you. Nonetheless, we must inform you that the Cambodia e-visa is not a valid travel document at all Cambodian entry points.
This article contains all of the information necessary to apply for a Cambodia e-visa for Botswanian citizens.
Learn about the documents needed to obtain a visa and how to fill out the electronic form.
In addition, travelers can get answers to other important questions, such as how long they can stay in Cambodia with an eVisa and when they should apply.
Cambodia e-visa for Botswanian citizens
1. Cambodia e-visa for Botswanian citizens:
Botswanian citizens need a visa to travel to Cambodia, even for short stays.
In 2006, Cambodian authorities launched an eVisa program to make it easier to obtain a valid travel permit for short-term visits. Every year, Botswanian citizens are among the top visitors to Cambodia and are eligible to apply for an electronic visa.
Visitors can apply for a visa for Cambodia from Botswana and stay in the country for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
The Cambodia e-visa for Botswanian citizens is valid for tourism-related activities.
Botswanian citizens need a Cambodia visa at the Embassy to stay for longer than 1 month or for non-tourism purposes. Only diplomatic and official passport holders are exempt from visa requirements.
2. Cambodia e visa requirements for Botswanian citizens:
Cambodia, like many other countries, requires visas for Botswana citizens. Travelers from Botswana applying for an online visa to Cambodia will need to have some documents on hand, including a number of documents, to complete the questionnaire.
Cambodia visa requirements for Botswanian citizens include the following:
- Botswanian passport valid for at least 6 months from the arrival date in Cambodia.
- Travelers to Cambodia from Botswana need to have at least one empty page on their passport for a stamp.
- A digital photograph of the applicant that was taken within the last 06 months.
- A current email address, as all correspondence will be done via email throughout the entire process.
- Itinerary for a trip
- Travel Insurance is a must regulated by the Government of Cambodia
- A Covid-19 Vaccine Card/ Certificate
It is important to remember that each person in a group or family traveling together, including minors and children traveling on their parents' passports, must submit an individual Cambodia e-Visa application form.
Before traveling, Botswanian passport holders should check Cambodia's travel restrictions and health requirements.
Cambodia e-visa requirements for Botswanian citizens
3. How to get a Cambodia online visa for Botswanian citizens:
Once all of the necessary documents have been gathered, the application form for a Cambodia e-Visa should be carefully completed and submitted. The application requests basic information about the Botswanian applicant.
Despite the fact that this form was designed to be as simple and straightforward as possible, all information must be double-checked before submission. Inconsistencies or incorrect details will cause the application to be delayed or even rejected, and a new application (including the application fee) will be required.
Botswanian applicants should expect to provide the following information when filling out the application form:
- Passport information such as passport number, and nationality
- Personal data which includes full name, gender, date of birth.
- Date of arrival/ departure
Botswanian travelers can get their Cambodia tourist visa in 3 easy steps:
Step 1: Complete the Cambodia e-Visa form
Step 2: Pay the Cambodia visa fees for Botswanian citizens
Step 3: Receive the approved Cambodia eVisa
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia online visa
Botswanians can expect a prompt response after submitting their application. Cambodian tourism officials intend to grant e-Visas to successful applicants in just 03 working days as part of the revamped visa system. There may be delays in some cases, so Botswanian passengers should apply well in advance of their intended departure date.
After receiving the e-Visa via email, Botswanian travelers should print a hard copy of the visa and bring it with them to the Cambodian border, along with other important travel documents.
All of these supporting documents are requested after the visa has been granted to protect Cambodian border officials from fraud.
4. Cambodia e visa fees for Botswanian citizens:
Cambodia e-visa fees for Botswanian citizens
The price of a Cambodia visa for Botswanian citizens depends on the processing time chosen. Electronic visa fees are generally lower than visas obtained at the embassy.
When applying online, Botswanians pay the Cambodia visa fees securely by a Credit/debit card, Visa card, American Express, MasterCard, PayPal, or Wire Transfer to the Bank of Cyprus.
To apply for a Cambodia visa online from Botswana, you must pay two (2) types of visa fees: service fees and government fees.
In terms of processing time, Cambodia Immigration Services provides the following options:
- Normal: The slowest option guarantees that you will receive your Cambodia visa in 03 business days.
- Urgent: If you select this option, your application will be processed in 1 business day.
- Super urgent: If you require your visa as soon as possible, this is your best option. Within 5 business hours, your application will be processed. This is, as you might expect, the most expensive option.
In addition, Cambodia immigration services also provide other package services to assist travelers while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia.