Cambodia visa for Ecuadorian citizens: Visa fee in February 2024
The Cambodia e-visa, available to citizens of Ecuador, is a convenient digital travel authorization permitting entry into Cambodia. Prospective travelers can easily complete a short online application, taking approximately 10 minutes, from the comfort of their homes or offices, eliminating the need to visit a Cambodian embassy as with traditional consular visas.
The Ecuadorian applicant can use the e-Visa to visit the country as a tourist as long as they meet the visa requirements.
If you are an Ecuadorian citizen and want to know about the requirements of a Cambodia visa for Ecuadorian citizens, how to apply online, what documents to prepare, and where to cross the border with an e-visa to Cambodia, keep reading.
Cambodia visa for Ecuadorian citizens
1. Cambodia e-visa for Ecuadorian citizens
Ecuadorian citizens can apply for a Cambodia electronic visa permit to visit Cambodia. A Cambodia visa for Ecuadorian citizens is one of the easiest permits to obtain. The electronic tourist visa to Cambodia can be obtained in just a few minutes from the comfort of your own home! Get a valid passport and apply online.
The characteristics of the Cambodia tourist visa perfectly describe the essential features of the electronic visa to Cambodia. Ecuadorians should be aware of the following information regarding the Cambodia e-visa:
- It is a single-entry visa that allows for a 30-day stay.
- This e-visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
- It can only be used for tourism purposes.
Cambodia's government implemented an electronic visa system in 2015. Since then, nationals of many countries have been exempted from the requirement of obtaining a traditional visa. The electronic visa system allows, for example, Ecuadorian citizens to obtain an online visa without having to travel to Cambodia's diplomatic posts or embassies, which are frequently located far away.
All Ecuadorians can now apply for an e-Visa to Cambodia using their smartphones, tablets, or other electronic devices. The application can be completed entirely online in a matter of minutes!
Please note! Holders of a Cambodia e-visa may enter Cambodia for tourism purposes with this permit. Tourism includes visiting Cambodian tourist destinations, going on vacation, and visiting friends and family.
Cambodia visa types for Ecuadorian citizens
There are several types of Cambodian visas available to Ecuadorian passport holders.
The e-visa is a tourist visa that allows you to visit Cambodia electronically. It is obtained, as previously stated, by applying online prior to traveling to the Southeast Asian country.
The Cambodia tourist e-Visa is electronically linked to the traveler's passport once it has been approved.
The traveler must also print a copy of the valid e-Visa that was emailed to them and present it to border control, along with the passport that was registered in the application.
The e-visa only lasts three months. Visitors with an e-Visa from Ecuador will be able to pass through border checks quickly and easily upon arrival in the country.
To apply for one of these types of visas, applicants from Ecuador are required to visit the Cambodia Embassy in Ecuador.
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Ecuadorian citizens
Cambodia visa requirements for Ecuadorian citizens
When applying online, you must have certain documents on hand. Prepare the following documents for Ecuadorian citizens before beginning the application process:
- A digital photo of the applicant's passport's bio-data page that will not expire for at least 6 months from the applicant's planned date of arrival in Cambodia. Additionally, make sure there are at least two blank pages left for any stamps received at the Cambodian border.
- Applicant's face photo in color (that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera). The file name must be saved as your full name.
- A passport biographical information page must be scanned to submit.
- E-mail address - We will send you the visa in PDF format via e-mail. Remember to print a few copies so you have a spare or two.
- Hotel booking confirmation - When you arrive at the airport, you may be asked to show a temporary accommodation address in Cambodia. If you don't have one, you must show that you have the financial resources to obtain one or you will be refused entry to Cambodia.
- Before having an e-visa, travelers must submit travel insurance documents, which are required by the government.
- Proof you have enough doses of COVID-19 vaccination by showing the certificate.
Ecuadorians whose passports are about to expire (within 180 days of their arrival date) should renew them before applying for a Cambodia visa.
The e-visa is a one-time travel authorization that cannot be transferred to another passport. This is especially important for Ecuadorians who have dual citizenship. If you arrive in Cambodia with a passport other than the one used to apply for your e-Visa, you will be denied entry.
Important: All communications will take place via email, including the approval and issuance of the e-visa. Therefore, you do not need to go anywhere or do anything while planning your own trips in Cambodia.
Cambodia visa fees for Ecuadorian citizens
3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa online from Ecuador
Applying for a Cambodia e-Visa for Ecuadorian citizens is quick and easy. The applicant must complete an online application form and pay the application fee.
The Ecuadorian applicant must fill out the online form with all the necessary information. This includes personal information, passport information, and answering questions about the traveler's health and security.
The following information must be included in the application:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Passport expiry date
- Reason for travel
Once submitted, the application is usually processed within 1-3 business days (5 hours in some cases). The approved e-visa for Cambodia is emailed to the Ecuadorian visitor (to the account they provided in the online form).
It is therefore advised to apply for the Cambodia electronic visa at least seven days before the planned trip.
To visit Cambodia, all Ecuadorians, including children, must have a valid visa. A parent or legal guardian may apply for a Cambodian visa on behalf of a child for whom they have parental responsibility. The process will be the same with adults.
4. Cambodia e-visa fees for Ecuadorian citizens
To apply for a Cambodia visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Cambodia visa fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees.
We have three options for you to choose from. These prices include the Government Fee, which varies depending on the type of visa and the length of time it takes to process.
- Normal: You will receive your electronic visa document in 3 days. This is the cheapest option for travelers to choose from.
- Urgent: If you select this option, your application will be processed within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: Being the most expensive also means being the fastest. Your application is reviewed within 5 hours.
In addition, Cambodia Immigration Services also provides other package services to assist travelers while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia.