Check Cambodia visa requirements for German citizens
If you are a German citizen planning a trip to the Kingdom of Cambodia, you must obtain a valid visa before booking your flight to ensure that you can enter the country legally and without incident.
When it comes to obtaining a Cambodia visa for German citizens, there are several options available to you. Apply for a Cambodia visa from Germany online to avoid long lines and government officials, rather than worrying about getting one on arrival.
There are a few pieces of information that will be required when applying for your Cambodia e-visa, so make sure you have them ready before beginning the application process. We'll go over all the necessary steps and details for applying for a Cambodia visa for Germans below, so you can get your visa without any problems.
1. Cambodia e-visa for Germans:
Cambodia e visa for Germans
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Cambodia introduced the Cambodia e-Visa in 2006. The is an official document that is electronically linked to your passport and allows you to enter and travel within Cambodia. It is an online visa that allows foreign visitors, including Germans, to enter the country for short periods of time.
Germans can only stay in Cambodia for 30 days in total, and they can enter the country from the date their visa is issued until the next 90 days. German visitors are no longer permitted to enter the country after 90 days.
Travelers from Germany are advised to obtain a tourist visa for Cambodia before entering the country. German passport holders can apply for a Cambodian electronic visa from the comfort of their own homes in 20 to 30 minutes, eliminating the need to visit an embassy or consular office. The procedure is extremely convenient, fast, and efficient.
German citizens wishing to travel to Cambodia for a period exceeding thirty days or for a purpose other than tourism must apply for a visa through the embassy of Cambodia in Germany.
Cambodia visa type for Germans:
As a German, you can apply for a Cambodia e-visa T only. This is the type of e-visa that allows you to stay in Cambodia for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with a single entry. In addition, this type of e-visa can be extended at the local office.
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Germans:
Cambodia visa requirements for Germans
- Have a valid German passport valid for at least 6 months on the intended date of entry.
- For entry and exit stamps, the passport must have at least one (1) blank page.
- Cambodia travel plans, including the type of accommodation and travel dates
- A working email address – The applicant is required to provide a valid email address. The address will be used to notify the applicant about the visa status. This email address will also receive a copy of the e-Visa.
- Digital Photo – Applicants must submit a recent passport-sized photo in JPEG or PNG format. The photograph should have been taken within the last six months against a white background.
- Travel insurance documents: you will be asked to provide your Cambodia travel insurance, including COVID-19 insurance to ensure your benefits when traveling overseas.
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate: you need to provide your COVID-19 vaccination certificate with at least 02 doses as proof that you have immunity to this virus.
- Hotel reservations: if any.
Because the approved visa is electronically linked to an individual passport, German citizens must use the same passport they will use to travel to Cambodia to complete the Cambodia e-Visa application. Those with dual citizenship should be aware of this.
It is strongly recommended that information be double-checked; any errors may result in delays or even visa rejection.
Medical requirements for German citizens in Cambodia:
All visitors should check the most up-to-date health information for Cambodia well in advance. Vaccinations are not required, but they are strongly advised.
Kenyan visa holders are encouraged to consult with a healthcare professional at least one month before departure.
3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa from Germany:
Once Germans confirm they meet the requirements, they can proceed to the Cambodia e-visa application form. Applicants will be directed to an online questionnaire that includes standard questions about their travel plans, personal information, and passport information.
You can apply for a Cambodia visa online from the comfort of your own home; all you need is your computer and the online application. The online Cambodia visa application from Germany only takes a few minutes to complete.
In three simple steps, Germans can apply for a Cambodia visa online.
Once the processing has been completed, the traveler will receive an email notification. If the application is successful, the applicant will then receive a copy of the e-visa via email. Although the e-visa is linked to the traveler's passport, it is recommended that the traveler print a copy of the e-visa to present to immigration officials upon arrival at the Cambodian border.
The Cambodian visa for Germans is typically processed within 24 hours. Depending on demand and the dates of application, processing may take up to five days in some cases.
Applicants from Germany who correctly filled out their online Cambodia visa form will receive a confirmation email with a link to download the e-visa as a PDF document and print their e-visa.
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
4. Cambodia visa fee for German citizens and payment method:
You must pay two types of costs when applying for a Cambodia e-visa for German citizens: the Government charge and the Service fee.
You will add the government charge to your basket because Germany is presently not on Cambodia's exemption list.
You have three service price choices to select from, based on your demand:
- Normal: If you pick this option, you will have your e-visa within three business days.
- Urgent: If you use this service, you will have your e-visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: This is the highest priority you can receive. You may acquire your e-visa in 05 business hours if you use this service.
Payment methods: There are two primary types of payments you may make: electronic payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct bank transaction).