Cambodia e-visa from Hong Kong - Requirements and fees
Are you a citizen of Hong Kong looking for a new adventure this year? Traveling the world is a rewarding and enriching experience that everyone should partake in on occasion. There is so much to see and learn when you travel to different cultures and countries.
Unfortunately, not every aspect of travel is exciting and enjoyable. It is difficult to understand the various rules and guidelines for visa application to international travel by each country. This is true if you plan to visit Cambodia, as you will need a visa to enter the country.
Citizens of Hong Kong are able to apply for a Cambodia visa from Hong Kong. In this article, you will know all information about the Cambodia visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens and how to apply for an e-Visa.
1. Cambodia Visa from Hong Kong:
The Cambodian e-Visa, introduced in 2006 by the Kingdom of Cambodia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, is an online electronic visa that allows people from Hong Kong to stay up to 30 days in Cambodia for touristic, business and visit purposes with the single-entry allowance. Keep in mind a Cambodia e-visa is not available for employment.
In addition, the application process is simpler and takes less time to complete than the casual one when you can apply for a Cambodia e-visa from Hong Kong at any time, anywhere, making your trip even easier and more enjoyable.
Children must also have their own individual visas, regardless of their age. A parent or legal guardian, on the other hand, can apply for a Cambodia e-Visa on behalf of their child.
Longer stays, or visits for other purposes, require travelers to apply for a visa at a Cambodian embassy in Hong Kong.
2. Cambodia visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens:
The Cambodian online visa was created to speed up the visa application process and save time for travelers, allowing Hong Kong citizens to visit Cambodia.
Before you start applying for a Cambodia e-visa from Hong Kong, we recommend that you read the Cambodia visa requirements for Hong Kong citizens:
- A legal passport which is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival and a scanned copy of the biographical page.
- A photograph of yourself, which should be taken against a white background, facing forward and both eyes open, and should be supplied in either.png or.jpg format.
- A valid email address to receive your e-visa result.
- Health certificate and insurance: according to the Cambodian government, in order to enter Cambodia by using either e-visa or casual type, you still need to get your COVID-19 insurance as a proper solution to decrease a pressure on the Cambodian national healthcare and medical system as well as keep your benefits when traveling abroad. And as an obvious condition for social health protection, you need to provide your vaccination certificate with at least 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
- Hotel reservations (if any).
3. How to Apply for a Cambodia Visa From Hong Kong
Applying for a Cambodia visa from Hong Kong is a relatively simple process that can be completed entirely from the visitor's home or office. It is not necessary to visit a Cambodian embassy or consulate.
If Hong Kong passport holders have all of the e-visa requirements, the application form for a Cambodian online visa can be completed in less than 10 minutes.
Hong Kong nationals can obtain the Cambodian tourist visa online in 3 steps. In order to ensure that this application process goes as efficiently as possible, it is very important that all the information and documentation are available.
While the process usually takes between one and three days from application to issuance, travelers are advised to apply for the Cambodian online Visa at least four working days before their intended date of travel.
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodian visa online
4. Cambodia e-Visa fee for Hong Kong citizens:
Keep in mind that paying the application fee is a requirement for obtaining a Cambodian visa. The e-visa is one of the most affordable permits due to the quick electronic process and the elimination of the need to visit an embassy. You will know how much your e-visa cost once you complete your application process and pay the fee securely online using a bank card such as Paypal, Visa Card, Amex, Master Card or Wire Transfer.
There are two kinds of Cambodia e-visa fees that you have to pay to apply for a Cambodia e-visa from Hong Kong, including visa service fee and Cambodian Government fee. With government fees, you will pay a specific fee. As for the service fee, you have three options available for the processing time and your e-visa price will depend on which you choose. Here are the options:
- Normal: you can get your e-visa within 3 business days if you choose this type.
- Urgent: this type is a higher state that guarantees you get an e-visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: used when you need to get accepted as soon as possible. With this highest priority, you can have your e-visa within 5 business hours
In addition, Cambodia Immigration services also provide other package services to assist Bulgarian citizens while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia