Check Cambodia visa requirements for Icelandic citizens
Are you considering visiting Cambodia and wondering where you should go? If you visit the Kingdom of Wonder for the first time, you will most likely see Angkor Wat and the hundreds of ancient temples that make up the Angkor complex. However, Cambodia has so much more to offer, and we don't want you to miss out!
If you are an Icelander citizen visiting Cambodia, you should apply for a Cambodia e-visa for Icelander citizens prior to your arrival. You will be granted a 30-day visa permit once you receive this approved document via email.
Cambodia visa for Icelander citizens
1. Cambodia e-visa for Icelander citizens:
Cambodia e-visa is a system for pre-screening tourists flying into Cambodia for tourism purposes. The Cambodian government implemented the system in 2008, and since then, nationals of many countries, including Icelander citizens, have not needed to apply for a regular embassy visa.
Instead, travelers from Iceland and other eligible countries can apply online for a Cambodia e-visa, saving both time and money. The Cambodia e-visa for Icelander citizens is a single entry travel authorization that is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance.
Similarly, Icelanders interested in relocating to Cambodia for long-term professional opportunities or higher education should seek alternative visa options from the Cambodian embassy in Iceland.
What are the advantages of a Cambodia e-visa versus a regular visa?
The e-first Visa's advantage is that it is entirely online and easy to use. You can apply from any location in the world by using any internet-connected device, such as a computer, laptop, or smartphone. So you won't have to get up at dawn to visit your nearest Cambodian embassy, wait in a potentially long line, and manually fill out complicated forms.
The second advantage of the e-visa is that you will receive your valid travel document in your email inbox once your application is approved. When you arrive at the border control, all you have to do is show officials your e-visa. It's no longer necessary to handle paper documents or try to recall what visa you put in your luggage the night before your trip!
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Icelander citizens:
It is critical to be well-prepared before applying online to ensure a successful visa approval. All Icelander citizens must have a working device with a stable internet connection and complete all required paperwork.
You have to have the following documents for the Cambodia e-visa requirements for Icelander citizens :
- A valid Icelander passport valid for at least six months beyond the planned entry date into Cambodia. There must be more than 2 blank pages in your passport in order to be stamped.
- The applicant's most recent photograph (taken within the past 6 months and in accordance with passport photo standards).
- Scan or Photo of the bio-data page of your passport.
- E-mail address - Cambodiaimmigration.org will email you the visa in PDF format. Remember to print a few extra copies just in case.
- Travel Itinerary - You may be asked to show a hotel reservation when you arrive at the airport.
- Travel insurance and Covid-19 Vaccination Certification is needed for having a Cambodia e-visa.
Once the traveler has met the requirements listed above, they can begin the online application process. Once approved, holders of an e-Visa for Icelanders can enter Cambodia using a printed copy of the visa along with their passport at any of the following ports of entry:
- Cham Yeam (Thailand border crossing)
- Poi Pet (Thailand border crossing)
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Bavet (Vietnam border crossing)
- Tropaeng Kreal (Laos border crossing)
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Sihanoukville International Airport
Cambodia visa requirements for Icelander citizens
3. How to apply for a Cambodia online visa from Iceland:
Navigate to the left panel and select the reason for your trip to access the application form. Then, click the “Apply Online” button and follow the three simple application steps:
- Enter your information: basic personal information, trip information (entry and exit dates), an active e-mail address, and so on. Make sure your online form is free of typos and misspellings to avoid delays in processing your request. After double-checking, proceed to the next step.
- Pay the e-Visa fee: Check to see if you have received the confirmation email after making payment.
- Download and print out the Cambodia e-visa: once approved, your visa will be delivered to your e-mail in the form of a PDF file. The printout copy must be submitted during airport control, so bring it with you!
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
Customers of Cambodian immigration services receive electronic visa application approval in 72 hours. Nonetheless, applications can be processed and approved in as little as 5 hours.
Please keep in mind that whether your e-visa request is approved or denied is entirely up to the Cambodian government. As a result, processing time may take a little longer at times. Icelanders who require a visa for Cambodia within 5 hours can use the Rush Visa service.
4. Cambodia e-visa fees for Icelander citizens:
To apply for a Cambodia visa online from Iceland, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees. Iceland is not exempt from visa-free so all Iceland citizens must pay a government fee to process the e-visa.
For the service fee, the cost of your Cambodia e-visa for Icelanders is determined by two factors: processing time and visa type. You have three options for the first one:
- Normal: Your application will be reviewed within 72 hours. This option has the cheapest price for those who want more time to prepare the extra documents.
- Urgent: This time, you'll only wait 24 hours. You must pay a fee that is higher than the normal option.
- Super urgent: You'll have to wait for 5 hours for this option, but because it's the quickest, Iceland citizens must pay an extra fee for this service.
In addition, Cambodia immigration services also provide other package services to assist travelers while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia.