Cambodia visa requirements for Iranian citizens
The Cambodian government has made it possible for Iranians to obtain an e-Visa, making entry into the country easier.
The Cambodia e-Visa is a digital travel authorization that can be obtained by citizens of over 200 countries. They can apply in a matter of minutes and travel to Cambodia without having to visit an embassy or consulate.
This page explains how to get a Cambodia visa for Iranian citizens. Travelers will find all the application requirements and other important information about the electronic visa.
Travelers from Iran do not need to visit the embassy if they apply for a Cambodia visa online. The e-visa application process is entirely electronic.
1. Cambodia e-visa for Iranian citizens:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Cambodia introduced the Cambodian e-visa in 2006. An electronic visa for Cambodia is an online visa that grants entry to foreign travelers, including Iranian, for temporary visits.
Cambodia e-visa for Iranian citizens is valid for a single-entry trip of up to 30 consecutive days, although it can be renewed once if necessary. This visa is valid for travel purposes such as tourism, leisure, or family visits.
The Cambodia e-Visa is the simplest and quickest permit to obtain because it is entirely online and takes only 10 to 20 minutes to complete.
Travelers from Iran who want to work, study, or retire in Cambodia can apply for one of the other Cambodian visa types, which include a business or E-class visa, a study visa, or a one-year retirement visa. All of the situations listed above require contacting the nearest Cambodian embassy or consulate.
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Iranian citizens:
According to Cambodian visa requirements for Iranian citizens, anyone applying for this type of electronic visa as a citizen of Iran must possess the following:
- A valid Iranian passport must be valid for at least six (6) months from the date of intended arrival in Cambodia. It must also have at least two blank pages for stamping upon entry and exit.
- Digital passport-standard photo: Applicants must submit a digital headshot of themselves in JPEG or PNG format that meets passport requirements. Applicants must also submit a scanned or photographed copy of their passport's biographical page.
- An active email address for receiving visa correspondence, including visa confirmation.
- Travel Insurance Documents.
- Covid-19 Vaccine Card/ Certificate.
- Hotel Reservation Documents.
If the passport validity is less than 06 months, the applicant must get a new passport before applying for a visa. If an Iranian citizen has dual citizenship, they must apply for the e-Visa using the same passport they intend to travel with. The Cambodia e-visa for Iranian citizens is linked to both the passenger and the specific passport.
To allow for any processing delays, it is best to apply for a Cambodia visa from Iran as soon as possible and at the latest three days before the travel date.
3. Applying for a Cambodia visa online from Iran:
Applying for a Cambodia e-Visa from Iran as an Iranian citizen is a fairly simple and straightforward process that only takes a few minutes. Candidates from Iran can apply for a Cambodia e-Visa online by visiting the Cambodia Online visa website.
Iranian applicants are required to provide basic personal information (name, birthplace, date of birth, contact information), passport details (country, passport number, issue, and expiry dates), and answers to a few security and health-related questions.
Iranian travelers who are eligible for the Cambodia e-visa can apply online in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Cambodia e-visa form for Iranian citizens.
- Step 2: Pay the Cambodia visa fees and submit the request.
- Step 3: Print out 02 copies of the Cambodia e-Visa.
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
Before submitting the form, it is advisable to double-check all the information provided for any mistakes. This is because even small errors may result in processing delays or even the rejection of the Cambodia visa application.
After submitting the application, the traveler can expect to receive the approved visa for Cambodia for Iranian citizens within 05 business hours to 03 business days.
They must then print a copy of the Cambodia e-Visa and present it to immigration officers at the Cambodian border, along with the passport used to fill out the online form.
Border officials may also require e-Visa holders to present additional documents before entering the country, such as a confirmed ticket for return or onward travel and proof of sufficient funds to cover the duration of their stay in Cambodia.
4. Cambodia visa fees for Iranian citizens:
In total, you will pay 02 kinds of Cambodia visa fees: the government fee and the service fee when applying for the e-visa.
The cost of your visa is determined by the processing time you select when filling out the application form and the type of visa. However, the government fee must be paid in the embassy and varies by country. cambodiaimmigration.org gives you 03 options to choose from when you are applying for your Cambodia tourist visa.
- Normal: Because it is the cheapest option, most applicants go for standard. Your Cambodia e-visa will arrive via e-mail within 3 business days.
- Urgent: The cost goes a bit higher than with the previous option. You will receive your Cambodia e-visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: As you can expect, the price goes even higher. Your application will be processed within 5 hours.
Note: Payment method — We gladly accept debit or credit cards, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal. Use whichever you prefer at checkout.
In addition, we also provide other service packages to help customers have a safe and wonderful trip to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia