Check Cambodia visa requirements for Irish citizens
Cambodia is one of the most attractive countries in ASEAN, both in beautiful nature and palatial temple complexes. Therefore, transportation to this country is high.
Knowing that phenomenon, in 2006 the Cambodian government decided to launch a new type of visa as a proper promotion of the tourism industry. According to an announcement for an e-visa release, citizens from over 150 countries, including Irish citizens, can apply for different types of visas for Cambodia, including an e-visa. The Cambodia e-Visa is the most popular visa for Irish citizens because of its convenience. The online application process is easy and can finish in around 10 minutes. More importantly, you do not need to visit an embassy.
In this article, you will see information about this visa type, consisting of the requirements for the Cambodia visa for Irish citizens and how to apply for this type.
1. Cambodia Visa for Irish citizens
The e-visa is essentially an ideal choice for Irish citizens. This visa allows nationals of Ireland to visit for tourism, business, and visit purposes. Unlike the casual type of visa, the e-visa has some features that make it a suitable choice for a short term trip to Cambodia:
Cambodia e-Visa for Irish citizens is for tourism, business, and visit purposes.
The validity time of this e-visa type is 03 months from the date of the e-visa grant.
After entering Cambodia, you can stay in this country for 30 days maximum.
The total cost for applying for an e-visa is always lower than the casual type.
2. Cambodia Visa requirements for Irish citizens:
To be eligible to obtain a Cambodia Visa for Irish citizens, you should meet some basic requirements. The following are the Cambodia Visa requirements for Irish citizens:
- Irish passport valid for at least 06 months from the date of your arrival and a blank page to mark a verification.
- Scanned copy of the passport's biographical page and a digital passport-size headshot: This photo must meet standard passport requirements for size and background.
- Healthcare documents: you will be asked to get COVID-19 insurance to enter Cambodia alongside the COVID-19 vaccination certificate with at least 02 standardized doses of vaccines because of the special regulations provided by the Cambodian government in avoiding COVID-19 spread.
- An email address that you can use to receive your e-visa result.
3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa from Ireland:
When applying as an Irish, the entire process takes only a few minutes to complete.There are 3 simple steps you need to do to obtain a Cambodia visa for Irish citizens:
Step 1: Complete your application form.
Step 2: Pay required fees.
Step 3: Print 02 copies of the Cambodia e-visa sent by email.
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online .
After all of these steps are complete, applicants can go ahead and submit their applications.
Irish citizens should double-check their information before submitting the Cambodia tourist visa application form. Any mistakes could cause processing delays.
The approved Cambodia visa for Irish citizens will be sent to the visitors’ email address that was provided on the application. The average processing time is usually 24 hours or less, but in rare cases, the approval letter may take up to three days to arrive.
It is recommended that Irish nationals apply for the e-Visa at least three days before traveling to Cambodia in order to have a stress-free holiday or business visit.
4. Cambodia e-visa fees for Irish citizens:
To complete the application process to get Cambodia e-visa for Irish citizens, you will pay 02 kinds of Cambodia visa fees : the government and the service fee. Following that, the government fee is compulsory since Ireland is not on the exemption list of Cambodia, and the service fee can be adjusted depending on the option you choose in the following list. Keep in mind that the higher your choice, the higher the price:
- Normal: you will get your e-visa within 03 business days if you choose this type.
- Urgent: this type guarantees you get your e-visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: the highest priority service that guarantees you get your e-visa within 05 business hours.
Payment method: you can choose between electronic payment and wire transfer to pay for Cambodia e-visa for Irish citizens. If you pick an electronic transaction, consider these units for secure payment: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and Paypal.
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- Aaland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Arab Saudi
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- Central African
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands