Cambodia visa requirements for Japanese citizens September 2023
- 1. Cambodia e-visa for Japanese:
- 2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Japanese citizens:
- 3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa from Japan:
- 4. Cambodia visa fees for Japanese citizens:
The Kingdom of Cambodia has welcomed a large number of international tourists in recent years, with approximately 300 of them being Japanese nationals. As a result, the government has allowed over 200 nationalities to enter the country through the Cambodia e-Visa electronic travel authorization scheme.
Japanese citizens who wish to visit Cambodia must obtain a visa. An online application is required to obtain a Cambodia visa for Japanese citizens.
Choosing an electronic visa to visit Cambodia eliminates the need for Japanese citizens to visit a local embassy or present paper documents to apply: the e-Visa to Cambodian territory is designed to be obtained entirely online.
With an electronic visa, Japanese tourists can visit Cambodia for up to 30 days. This article contains all the information Japanese citizens need to know before traveling to Cambodia with an electronic visa. Let’s find out the Cambodia e-Visa requirements for Japanese citizens and e-visa fees.
1. Cambodia e-visa for Japanese:
The Cambodia e-Visa is an online visa that was introduced in 2006 by the Cambodian Government. With the Cambodia online visa, citizens of eligible countries will be able to visit Cambodia for short periods of time.
The Cambodian government is implementing the Cambodia visa application online in order to promote tourism in the country by making the process of applying for a Cambodia visa for tourism and medical treatment easier for eligible citizens.
The Cambodia e-visa makes visiting the Southeast Asian country easier than ever.
With a Cambodia e-visa for Japanese, you may spend up to 30 days in Cambodia for tourism-related activities.
Japanese will be able to apply using the simple online Cambodia visa application, which will only take a few minutes to complete. Applicants must complete the Cambodia e-Visa application form with personal, passport, and travel information, as well as answer a few security questions, in order to receive an approved Cambodia e-Visa via email.
Japanese nationals who want to stay for more than a month or for reasons other than tourism should contact the Cambodian Embassy in Japan for visa information.
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Japanese citizens:
Japanese passport holders must provide personal information as well as some supporting documents in order to successfully apply for a Cambodia visa online
To meet the Cambodia e-Visa requirements for Japanese citizens, travelers need:
- A lawful and valid Japanese passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the arrival date in Cambodia. The passport must also have at least 02 unused pages for entry/exit stamps.
- Digital Photo – The applicant must submit a recently taken passport-sized digital photo in either JPEG or PNG format. The photograph should have been taken against a white background within the last six months.
- A copy of the biographical page of the Japanese passport.
- Travel Insurance Documents
- COVID-19 vaccination record: Japanese applicants need to provide the COVID-19 vaccination records to prove that they are fully vaccinated and ready to travel overseas without any concern about COVID-19 spread.
- Hotel reservation
- Email address – The email account will be used to receive all notifications from us regarding the status of an e visa. As a result, please fill out the form with a valid account.
Japanese citizens who do not have a passport that meets the requirements for the Cambodian electronic visa should renew it as soon as possible with their local authorities before beginning the application process.
Travelers from Japan with dual nationality should keep in mind that the Cambodia e-Visa is electronically linked to their passports. They should remember to use the same passport they will use to enter the country when submitting their application.
3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa from Japan:
Applying for a Cambodian visa for Japanese citizens is easy and straightforward. Once the aforementioned requirements and documents are in place, Japanese travelers can complete an online application form from the comfort of their own homes.
Japanese citizens can apply for a Cambodian visa online 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: Complete the Cambodia e-Visa application form with basic personal data, travel details, and passport information.
- Step 2: Pay the Cambodia online visa processing fee with a debit/credit card, American Express, PayPal, Visa, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account
- Step 3: Print out 2 copies of the Cambodia e-Visa for Japanese citizens. Please show the e-visa for checking at the checkpoint in Cambodia.
If applicants have all of the requirements ready and a good internet connection, this process takes less than 15 minutes to complete.
After completing all of these steps, Japanese citizens must wait for any relevant notifications and the approved e-visa via email.
How will Japanese travelers receive their electronic visas to travel to Cambodia?
Typically, your application form will be processed within three business days. When your application is approved, the visa to Cambodia from Japan will be emailed to the address you provided on your application form. Travelers from Japan are required to print out a copy of their Cambodia to bring on their trip to Cambodia. On arrival, you must present it to border officials, who will stamp it and form your approved Cambodia electronic visa.
You will also need to show the passport you used to apply for your Cambodia e-Visa. Japanese citizens with dual citizenship must travel with the proper passport.
4. Cambodia visa fees for Japanese citizens:
All types of visas for Cambodia carry a cost. To apply for a Cambodia online visa, you have to pay two kinds of Visa Fee, which are called the Service fees and Government Fee.
The Government fee is an obligation fee for each applicant when applying for a Cambodia visa online.
You will be charged a Cambodia service fee according to how many people your application covers and how quickly you need the visa. We give you three options:
- Normal processing: We process your Cambodia e-visa for 03 Business Days.
- Urgent processing: You are able to get your document within 01 business day
- Super Urgent processing: This one has a slight advantage because it is the quickest. You may be able to obtain your Cambodia e-visa in as little as 05 business hours