Cambodia visa for South Korean citizens in in November 2023
Most foreign visitors to Cambodia require a visa to enter the country, except a visa-exempt nationality from the ASEAN. Other foreign citizens, including South Korean nationals, need a visa to visit Cambodia for tourism or business.
Knowing the need for transportation, in the year 2006 the Cambodian government decided to launch a new type of visa which is faster and cheaper for foreigners to get because you can apply online, eliminating the need to apply in person at an embassy or consulate or wait in long lines to obtain a visa on arrival when entering the country.
In this article, you will see all information about the Cambodia e-visa for South Korean citizens, including the requirements and application process
1. Cambodia e-visa for South Korean citizens:
Cambodia e-visa for South Korean citizens is a document required by the Cambodian government that gives you a permit to enter Cambodia. By now, there is only 1 type of e-visa available for worldwide citizens: the visa T.
With visa T, you can stay in Cambodia for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with a single entry and the validity of this visa type is 03 months starting from the granting date, for tourism, short term business and visit purposes.
The terms of the Cambodia e-Visa do not cover employment. South Koreans who wish to visit for reasons other than tourism must obtain the appropriate type of visa from a diplomatic mission. However, the e-Visa is the most convenient way to get permission to take a holiday in Cambodia.
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for South Korean citizens:
South Koreans who wish to travel to Cambodia must meet the requirements for the e-Visa.
Some documents and other items are required to support the visa application. Travelers from South Korea should have these things In hand when completing the online form.
To meet the Cambodia visa requirements for South Korean citizens, applicants need:
- Valid passport: you will need a valid passport for 06 months from the date of entry. You also need to provide a scanned copy of your passport biographical page.
- Digital photo, passport size, and standard: white background and correct composition are required.
- Frequently used email address to receive your e-visa result.
- Health record and insurance: according to an announcement from the Cambodian government, COVID-19 insurance is a compulsory intermediary when applying for a Cambodia e-visa. You also need to provide your COVID-19 vaccination certificate, with at least 02 doses of vaccine confirmed.
- Hotel reservations: if any.
3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa online from South Korea:
When applying as a South Korean, the entire process takes only a few minutes to complete. Once a Cambodia e-Visa is approved, you will get a notification through your registered email.
Travelers can obtain a Cambodia visa for South Korean citizens in 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Fill in your application form.
Step 2: Pay your total fee.
Step 3: Print out 2 copies of Cambodia e-Visa
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
Once the visa is processed, a copy of the e-Visa is sent by email.
4. Cambodia e-visa fee for South Korean citizens:
In total, you need to pay a government fee and a service fee for an application to cover the necessary administrative costs of processing each visa.
For the service fee, there are 03 options for you to choose from:
- Normal: a standardized service that can help you get your e-visa within 03 business days.
- Urgent: a higher state of standard service which gives you an e-visa within just 24 hours.
- Super urgent: the highest priority of service which helps you get your e-visa within 05 business hours.
After choosing which type of service suits you the best, you will know how much you will pay.
There are 02 ways to complete your payment for Cambodia e-visa for South Korean citizens: electronic payment and wire transfer. If you choose electronic payment, consider using these units for secure payment: debit or credit card, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Paypal.
In addition, Cambodia Immigration services also provide other package services to assist South Korean citizens while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia