Check Cambodia visa requirements for Maldives citizens September 2023
Cambodia is a Southeast Asian hidden gem that is gaining popularity among tourists from all over the world, including Maldivian passport holders.
Travelers looking for less crowded destinations than Thailand or Vietnam, as well as unrivaled hospitality and lush, green scenery, should consider Thailand. Visitors from the Maldives must obtain a Cambodia online visa before visiting the country's breathtaking temples and natural landscapes.
Unlike traditional consular visas, the Cambodia e-Visa is simple and quick to obtain. Continue reading to learn about the Cambodian visa requirements for Maldivian citizens applying for a Cambodian e-Visa, including the documents required, the length of stay permitted, and more.
Cambodia e-visa for Maldivian citizens
1. Cambodia e-visa for Maldivian citizens:
Passengers traveling on a Maldives passport must have a valid visa for Cambodia. The e-Visa for Cambodia is the quickest and most convenient way for Maldivian citizens to obtain a Cambodia tourist visa.
Any Maldivian citizens traveling to Cambodia for tourism can follow the Cambodia e-Visa requirements for Maldivian citizens and submit an application online.
It has never been easier or faster to apply for a Cambodia visa from the Maldives thanks to this new electronic visa system.
The Cambodia e-Visa, as it is commonly called, is available to foreign visitors from more than 100 countries, including Maldivian citizens. The Cambodia e-Visa allows Maldivian citizens to enter Cambodia for tourism and leisure purposes.
The Cambodia e-Visa for Maldivian citizens is a tourist visa that can be obtained online and allows visitors to stay for up to 30 days. For Maldivians, the Cambodia e-Visa is the most convenient option. Travelers can apply for a visa using a smartphone, laptop, or another electronic device with an internet connection.
Maldivian citizens who plan to travel to Cambodia for reasons other than tourism, such as business, study or work, or medical care, can apply for a Cambodia visa at the Cambodia Embassy in the Maldives
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Maldivian citizens:
Those applying for a Cambodia e-visa must have the proper documentation and meet all the Cambodia visa requirements for Maldivian citizens
When applying, the following items and information are required:
- Valid Maldivian passport – obtaining a passport will be simple, and if you already have one, check the expiry date. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
- For entry and exit stamps, the passport must have at least two (2) blank pages.
- Digital photo of yourself – the photo should be as recent as possible. There should be no facial expressions in it, and the background should be white. Simply scan it and upload it when instructed.
- A passport scan of the information page
- Round Trip ticket flight
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of accommodation
- Means of payment: you have to pay for cambodiaimmigration.org’s service, but you can easily do that with a credit/debit card, PayPal, Visa Card, American Express, and Mastercard.
- An email address the applicant has access to, where the e-Visa will be delivered, as well as any notifications pertaining to the application.
The Maldivian passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date the passenger intends to arrive. If not, they must renew it before applying for the Cambodia e-Visa.
Dual nationals from the Maldives should be aware that the Cambodian e-Visa is electronically linked to their passports. They should remember to use the same passport they will use to enter the country when submitting their application.
Cambodian e-visa requirements for Maldivian citizens
3. How to get a Cambodia visa for Maldivian citizens:
Maldivian citizens can apply for a Cambodia e-visa by filling out an online visa application form.
The Cambodia e-visa application for Maldivian citizens is accessible from any internet-connected device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Travelers from the Maldives should expect to spend about 15 minutes completing the application from start to finish.
When filling out the Cambodia e-Visa application form, Maldivian travelers can expect to provide the following details:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport serial number
- Passport issue date
- Passport expiration date
Travel details: date of arrival and departure
To apply for a Cambodia visa from the Maldives, it is simply necessary to follow these steps:
Step 1: Complete the online form.
Step 2: Pay the e-Visa fee to submit the application.
Step 3: Receive the approved tourist visa for Maldivian citizens.
Once approved, Maldivian travelers will receive their Cambodia e-visa via email. It will be sent to the email address you provide on the application form.
The Cambodia e-visa for Maldivian citizens is electronically linked to the Maldivian passport you provide when you apply. Maldivians who hold dual citizenship should apply using the same passport they will use to travel to Cambodia. Please keep in mind that the e-Visa is a one-time visa authorization that cannot be transferred.
Cambodian authorities advise Maldivian tourists to save a copy of their e-Visa on their smartphone or print a copy to bring with them if border officials request inspection upon arrival in Cambodia.
4. Cambodia e-visa for Maldivian citizens:
Cambodian e-visa fees for Maldivian citizens
All types of visas for Cambodia carry a cost. The cost of a Cambodia visa varies depending on whether Maldivians apply at an embassy or consulate, on arrival, or online.
To apply for a Cambodia visa online from the Maldives, you must pay two types of visa fees: service fees and government fees.
How long will my Cambodia e-visa for Maldivian citizens take to process?
In general, it takes 1 to 3 business days to receive a Cambodia tourist visa. In some cases, the processing time may take up to 4 business days to receive the e-Visa. By applying with cambodiaimmigration.org, you’ll be able to choose one of the following processing options depending on how fast you want to get your e-Visa:
- Normal: Because it is the cheapest option, most applicants go for standard. Your application will be processed within 3 Business Days
- Urgent: It is advantageous for you because it takes only 1 Business Day to process and receive your e-Visa.
- Super urgent: for emergency cases where you need the Cambodia e-visa then this alternative fits you super well. In 5 Business hours, we process the e-Visa.
In addition, Cambodia immigration services also provide other package services to assist travelers while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia.