Cambodian visa requirements for Mexican citizens
Mexican citizens planning to spend their vacation in Cambodia will be relieved to learn that, thanks to new measures and updates implemented by the Cambodian government, Mexicans will no longer need to apply for a visa at the Embassy; instead, they will only need to enter an online page to complete the entire process. The online application process is more user-friendly, and we can assist you in obtaining your travel document within 24 hours.
In this article, we have compiled some useful information to assist you in obtaining your Cambodia e-visa for Mexican citizens in the simplest and quickest manner possible.
1. Cambodia e-visa for Mexican citizens:
The Cambodia e-Visa, announced in 2006 by the Kingdom of Cambodia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, is an electronic visa that allows eligible citizens a single entry into Cambodia for up to 30 consecutive days. It is valid for three months from the date of issue.
The Cambodia e-Visa for Mexican citizens is an electronic travel document that Mexican citizens can obtain from the comfort of their own homes. They are not required to make an appointment at an embassy or consulate. The entire procedure is completely online and can be completed in 15 to 30 minutes.
Once the Cambodia e-visa for Mexican citizens is approved, the authorization is automatically linked to your Mexican passport electronically.
Mexican travelers who wish to stay in Cambodia for more than 30 days at a time, or for a reason other than tourism, need to apply for a traditional visa at Cambodia Embassy in Mexico
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Mexican citizens:
Before you begin the application process, you should double-check that you have everything that cambodiaimmigration.org requires. Fortunately, that isn't much, and chances are you already have everything you need for the process. What you'll need is as follows:
- Mexican passport, valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Cambodia
- Confirm that the Mexican passport has at least two blank pages for entry and exit stamps.
- A scanned copy of your passport bio page
- Recent digital passport photo, in JPG or PNG format
- Email address – An email account is necessary to send you your approved e-Visa.
- COVID-19 requirements in Cambodia (subject to change). Travelers from Mexico can be required to present Covid-19 Vaccine Card/ Certificate as well as Travel Insurance Documents.
- Hotel Reservation Documents for the duration of your visit.
Travelers from Mexico with passports that will expire within six months of their arrival date must renew them before proceeding with the application process. They should also remember that the Cambodia e-Visa is a one-time online visa that cannot be transferred to another travel document. This is especially important for Mexicans who have dual citizenship or who have had to replace or renew their passport as a result of applying for the e-Visa.
3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa online from Mexico:
Applying for a Cambodia visa online from Mexico is simple and takes just a few minutes. The entire process is completed online, eliminating the need to stand in long lines for a visa at the nearest embassy or upon Cambodia's arrival. Before traveling, Mexican citizens will be required to fill out the form and submit it for approval.
Mexican travelers can get a Cambodia visa for Mexican citizens in 3 easy steps
Read more about How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
The Cambodia visa processing time is dependent on the number of applicants and the date of application. The approval should take between 05 hours to 3 days.
Once issued, the e-Visa is linked to the applicant’s passport. A copy is also sent to the email address provided in the application. This copy should be printed and ready to show at immigration.
Travel from Mexico to Cambodia:
The most common way for tourists to enter Cambodia is through one of the country's three international airports:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanoukville International Airport
It is possible to fly from Mexico City to Phnom Penh with two stopovers if you have a Cambodia visa. Flights are also available between Cancun and Phnom Penh.
Overland travel from neighboring nations is also possible via the following ports of entry:
- Thailand: Cham Yeam – Koh Kong
- Thailand: PoiPet – Banteay Meanchey
- Vietnam: Bavet – Svay Rieng
- Laos: Tropaeng Kreal Border Post
It is not possible for holders of the tourist e-Visa to enter Cambodia via one of the country’s seaports.
4. Cambodia e-visa fee for Mexican citizens:
The cost of a Cambodia e-visa is cheaper than the cost of Cambodia's traditional visa. Because Mexican passport holders do not need to visit an embassy or consulate, instead, they can submit the online application.
To apply for a Cambodia e-visa from Mexico, you have to pay 02 kinds of Cambodia e-Visa fees , which are called service fees and Government Fees.
One of the biggest questions customers have is about the Cambodia service fees. As a result, we have developed three processing options, each with a different total cost depending on when you choose to obtain your Cambodia e-visa for Mexican citizens.:
- Normal: We send you the Cambodia e-visa you will receive your visa within 3 business days
- Urgent: We provide you with the e-visa in only 24 business hours
- Super Urgent: You'll get a Cambodia e-visa for Mexican passport holders in 5 business hours
Payment method: to complete your payment, you can choose to pay by electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC direct transaction).
In addition, Cambodia Immigration services also provide other package services to assist travelers while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia