Cambodia visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
The Southeast Asian country of Cambodia has become a number-one holiday destination for visitors from all over the world in recent years. Cambodia received over 6 million international tourists in 2018, setting a new record for the country's tourism industry in comparison to previous years. A total of 7,000 of those visitors were Portuguese nationals who came to the country primarily for tourist purposes.
While neighboring Thailand and Laos are well-known for their tourist attractions, Cambodia has a wealth of history, scenery, and culture to offer tourists and travelers.
Anyone planning a trip to Cambodia from Portugal should apply for a Cambodian e-visa before departing. While there are multiple Cambodian visa types available, the Cambodia e-visa for Portuguese citizens to enter Cambodia for tourism purposes can be obtained quickly and easily online.
1. Cambodia e-visa for Portuguese citizens:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia introduced the e-visa for Cambodia, an electronic tourist visa, in 2006, with the goal of facilitating foreign citizens' entry into the country for tourism purposes. The streamlined online application eliminates the need to stand in long visa-on-arrival lines or visit an Iranian embassy to apply for a visa.
A Cambodia e-visa for Portuguese citizens is valid for a single entry to the country and allows the holder to stay for up to 30 days from the arrival date.
To apply for a Cambodia visa from Portugal, applicants must fill out an online visa application form with basic personal, passport, and travel information in just a few minutes.
Citizens traveling to Cambodia for other purposes such as work are required to contact the Cambodia Embassy in Portugal
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Portuguese citizens:
In order to submit an e-visa form, it is first necessary for applicants to ensure that they meet the Cambodia visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
To successfully complete an application, the applicant should have the following information available:
- Passport – send us a scan of your passport and remember to bring the physical passport with you to the airport. The validity period must be at least 06 months and have at least 02 blank pages, for the entry and exit stamps.
- Digital passport photo – You can take your own photo, but remember to follow certain guidelines: don't smile, don't show your teeth, and don't cover your face with anything. The photo should be taken from the front, and white background would be ideal.
- Current email address to which the approved e-visa will be sent.
- Health record and insurance: you need COVID-19 insurance to enter Cambodia and a vaccination certificate with at least 02 standardized doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Hotel reservations.
Portuguese citizens must provide some basic personal information, such as their full name, date, place of birth, and gender, in order to complete the application. Number of passports is also provided at this stage. Other questions about safety and health that appear on the form include the reason for traveling from Portugal to Cambodia.
It is strongly advised to double-check information; any details entered incorrectly may result in delays and even visa rejection.
3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa from Portugal:
Obtaining a Cambodia visa for Portuguese citizens is very simple and quick. Portuguese citizens can complete their Cambodia visa application online at any time. To ensure a fast and seamless application process, travelers should check all Cambodia e-Visa requirements in advance and make sure they have all the necessary documents.
Portuguese travelers can apply for a Cambodian tourist visa in 3 easy steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the Cambodia e visa application form
- Step 2: Pay the e-visa processing fee
- Step 3: Print out 2 copies of the Cambodia e-visa for Portuguese
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
Once approved, the Cambodia Visa for Portuguese citizens will be delivered to the email address provided. It should then be printed and presented upon arrival.
4. Cambodia e-visa fee for Portuguese citizens:
The cost of a Cambodia visa varies according to the applicant’s nationality. To apply for a Cambodia visa online, Portuguese travelers have to pay two kinds of Cambodia e-visa fee, which are called Service fees and Government fees.
For the Cambodia service fee, the amount of money you spend on your Cambodia visa is determined by how quickly you want the process to be completed. We give you three options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Normal: This option is the cheapest option and your e-Visa will be ready in 3 days.
- Urgent: You are able to get your Cambodia e-visa within 24 business hours
- Super urgent: Your e-visa will be ready in just 5 business hours.
Payment method: You will be happy to learn that our website is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can use multiple methods such as credit/debit cards, PayPal, American Express, Master Cards, or Wire Transfer to our HSBC bank account.