Cambodia visa requirements for Swedish citizens
In 2006, the Cambodian government decided to launch a new type of visa as an ideal promotion for the tourism industry, which is called the Electronic visa (e-visa).
Most citizens from over 150 countries, including Swedish, who want to visit Cambodia can apply for an electronic visa, according to Cambodia's visa policy. As a result, you can apply for a Cambodia e-Visa online.
Getting a Cambodia visa for Swedish citizens is quick and simple, thanks to the e-Visa system. Instead of waiting in line at the local embassy or consulate, travelers can apply and pay for their tourist visa online before they arrive from the comfort of their own home. Swedish citizens with a Cambodia visa may enter the country by air or land.
In this article, you can have all the necessary information to obtain a Cambodia visa for Swedish citizens including Cambodia entry requirements, how to apply for a Cambodia visa online from Sweden
1. Cambodia e-visa for Swedish citizens:
In general, there is a type of Cambodian e-visa for Swedish citizens available: the visa T. Besides the faster and more money-saving, visa T has some features you need to know:
- Availability: visa T is legal for tourism, business and visit purposes, NOT for employment.
- Length of stay: you can stay in India for up to 30 days if you are using this type of visa.
- Validity: visa T is valid in 3 months from the date of granting. You should be aware and have a reasonable plan for your trip.
In addition, the Cambodia e visa can be extended for an additional 30 days, allowing a traveler to stay in Cambodia for up to 60 days. The actual e-Visa is valid for a maximum of three months from the date it is issued.
Swedish nationals planning to travel to Cambodia for work or to study, are required to contact the Cambodian Embassy in Sweden
2. Cambodia visa requirements for Swedish citizens:
Obtaining a Cambodian visa for Swedish citizens is simple and quick. Previously, travelers had to apply for a Cambodian visa in person at a local consulate or embassy. However, you are no longer required to apply for your Cambodian visa in person at the embassy. In fact, you can apply for your Cambodian visa online with your Swedish passport and in under 30 minutes!
To apply for the Cambodia e-visa, the applicant is required to meet the Cambodia e visa requirements for Swedish citizens:
- A Swedish passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel to Cambodia and a blank page for verification.
- Personal information: a scanned copy of your passport’s biographical page and a passport-sized photograph with clear background and right facial expression.
- A frequently used email address to receive your e-visa result.
- Health record and insurance: you are required to get a COVID-19 insurance in order to let a local medical and healthcare system keep you up when there is a circumstance. This actually is a good choice for both. Moreover, you need to provide your vaccination certificate with at least 2 doses of vaccine.
- Hotel reservation (if any).
3. How to apply for a Cambodian visa from Sweden?
Do you know how to apply for a Cambodia visa for Swedish citizens?
There are 3 steps to apply for a Cambodia visa online from Sweden as it is easy and straightforward. To obtain this travel permit, Swedish nationals must fill out an online Cambodia e-Visa application form. The application process takes less than 30 minutes of the applicants’ time.
Citizens of Sweden can get a tourist visa for Cambodia in 3 steps
All travelers from Sweden must ensure that the information provided during the application process is complete, accurate, and matches the information on their passport. It is recommended that visitors carefully review their form before submitting it.
Applicants from Sweden are advised to submit an application as soon as their travel dates to Cambodia are finalized, up to one week before the intended date of entry into Cambodia.
An e-Visa for Cambodia will be linked to the applicants' passport as soon as it is ready, and the applicant will be notified via email once it has been approved. A copy of the visa will also be sent to the applicants’ email address. To enter Cambodia expeditiously, travelers must present a printed copy of the Cambodia e-Visa from Sweden along with their relevant passport upon arrival.
4. Cambodia e visa fee for Swedish citizens:
To apply for a Cambodia e-visa for Swedish citizens online, you have to pay two kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance.
For the service fee, we have three options for you. Remember that your decision determines the total price of your Cambodian e-Visa.
- Normal: the work on your application will be done and get you a result within 3 business days.
- Urgent: Within only 24 hours, your e-visa will arrive in your email address if you use this type of e-visa.
- Super Urgent: This one has a slight edge because it is the quickest. You will receive an e-visa result within 5 business hours after obtaining your e-Visa in as little as 5 business hours.
For the government fee, since Sweden is not in the exemption list of Cambodia then all citizens from Sweden pay for this fee.
Payment method: you will pay a total fee by using electronic payment or wire transfer. In case you choose electronic payment, consider using these methods for a secure method.
In addition, Cambodia Immigration services also provide other package services to assist Swedish citizens while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia