Cambodia visa for Swiss citizens: Service & Fee in December 2023
Cambodia is a Southeast Asian hidden gem that has piqued the interest of tourists from all over the world, including Slovak passport holders.
The country is an excellent choice for travelers looking for less crowded destinations than Thailand or Vietnam, as well as unrivaled hospitality and lush, green scenery. Travelers from Switzerland will need to obtain a Cambodia online visa before exploring the country's breathtaking temples and natural landscape.
Read on to find out about the Cambodia e-visa requirements for Swiss citizens, documents needed, permitted stay, and more.
1. What is the Cambodia e-visa for Swiss citizens:
Cambodian visas are formal documents that must be presented at the Cambodian airport upon arrival. Because the application process is done online, the visa is also done electronically. This means you will not receive a physical visa, but rather a visa in PDF format that will be delivered to you via email.
The Cambodia e-visa for Swiss citizens is an electronic visa that simplifies the process of entering the country from Switzerland and several other nations.
The Cambodia e-Visa is valid for 90 days and allows you to stay in the country for 30 days. The e-Visa will expire after these days, and the applicant will no longer be able to enter the country.
Cambodia e-Visas can be used for purposes of visit such as tourism, leisure, and business.
Swiss citizens who want to visit Cambodia for reasons other than those listed above, such as to work or live, should contact their nearest Cambodia embassy or consulate for information on the necessary documents.
Types of e-visas in Cambodia
There is only one available type of Cambodia e-visa you can apply for, as a Swiss citizen. Following that, this e-visa type allows you to stay in Cambodia for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival.
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Swiss citizens:
Cambodia, like many other countries, has a number of visa requirements for Swiss citizens.
Travelers from India applying for an online visa to Cambodia will need to have many items on hand, including a number of documents, to complete the questionnaire.
The following are the Cambodia e-visa requirements for Swiss citizens:
- Valid Swiss passport: this passport must be valid not only when the e-Visa application form is submitted, but also for 6 months or more after the holder's planned date of arrival at their Cambodian port of entry.
- Digital passport-standard photo: applicants must submit a headshot of themselves in JPEG or PNG format, which complies with standard passport requirements. Applicants must also provide a photograph or scan of the biographical page of their passports.
- E-mail address – You will receive your Cambodia visa via e-mail in PDF format, so the address you provide when filling out the form must be valid.
- Hotel reservations: you need to provide the details of your accommodation in Cambodia.
- Travel insurance documents: you need to prepare insurance for your trip to Cambodia, according to the local authority, to prevent extra fees in case of a circumstance.
- COVID-19 vaccination record: you need to provide your COVID-19 certificate with at least 02 doses of any kind of legal vaccine.
Certain requirements must also be met by the Swiss passport. It must be valid for at least six months after visiting Cambodia. The passport must also have at least two blank pages for stamps when entering and leaving the country.
Swiss citizens with dual citizenship must travel to Cambodia using the same Swiss passport used during the application process. The Cambodia e-Visa for Swiss citizens will be electronically linked to that particular document and will not be transferable to another.
While all of these visa requirements are basic, it is critical that an applicant meets all terms and conditions prior to beginning the application process to avoid delays.
Please note: Swiss citizens planning to visit Cambodia in 2022 should check the most recent COVID-19 entry restrictions. Travel is being hampered by visa suspensions, and additional coronavirus health documentation may be required.
3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa from Switzerland:
It is very easy to get a Cambodia e-Visa from Switzerland. Applicants will only need an internet connection and the required documentation. The process takes place in three simple steps that anyone can complete in under 10 minutes
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
Travelers should keep in mind that all Swiss nationals entering Cambodia, including minors, must have their own Cambodia e-Visa. However, parents and guardians may apply for a Cambodia e-Visa on behalf of a minor.
The majority of applications are approved quickly. After the relevant authorities have approved the visa application, the visa will be emailed to you. As a result, it is critical to enter a valid email address that is still accessible.
Applicants are also reminded to check their email inbox on a regular basis, as updates on the application and the approved visa will be sent directly to their inbox.
Travelers must print two copies of their Cambodia e-Visa to present when entering or exiting the country. Holders of the e-Visa should also keep a copy with them at all times while in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
How long does it take to obtain a visa to Cambodia from Switzerland?
The Cambodia e-Visa for Swiss passport holders is typically processed quickly and delivered within three days. However, processing delays do occur; as a result, travelers from Switzerland are advised to submit their e-Visa application at least four days before their intended departure date for Cambodia.
Delays can be caused by errors in the application form or a lack of information.
To avoid such inconveniences, Swiss applicants should ensure that all information provided is correct, free of spelling errors, and up to date.
4. Cambodia e-visa fee for Swiss citizens:
To apply for a Cambodia visa online from Switzerland, Swiss applicants have to pay two (02) kinds of Cambodia Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
The amount of money you spend on your Cambodia visa is determined by how quickly you want the process to be completed. We provide you with three options from which you can select the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Normal: The majority of people choose this option because it is the least expensive. Our application is processed within 03 business days.
- Urgent: All applicants will have to wait for 24 hours for your Cambodia visa for Swiss citizens
- Super Urgent: The only option you have is the most expensive. As you can imagine, the fee also increases as the request is processed within 05 business
Payment method: you can choose these ways to pay for your application:
- Electronic payment: integrated in a website that can help you easily proceed (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal).
- Wire transfer (HSBC direct bank).
In addition, Cambodia Immigration services also provide other package services to assist Swiss citizens while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia