Cambodia visa for Taiwanese citizens: Visa Fee in December 2023
Cambodia is one of the most interesting countries for Asians to visit because of the similarity in many fields: culture, lifestyle, religion and so on. For people from Taiwan, the Angkor Wat and other temple relics tend to be what they are keen on because in Asia, Buddhism is one of the most popular religions.
If you, as a Taiwanese, are planning to visit Cambodia, you will be relieved to learn that they do not need to go to their local Cambodian embassy or consulate to apply for a visa, because now there is a new type of visa that can help you enter Cambodia without any obstacle. That is the Cambodian electronic visa, which call the Cambodia e-visa
Obtaining a Cambodia e-visa for Taiwanese citizens is quick and simple, thanks to the e-Visa system. Our simple guide will show you what requirements are required, how to apply, and what you should know before applying for a Cambodia visa
1. Cambodia e-visa for Taiwanese citizens:
The Cambodia electronic visa, introduced in 2006, is an electronic travel authorization that allows eligible citizens to pre-register for a short stay in Cambodia for purposes of tourism and business or visit.
In this case, e-visa shows many more advantages than the casual type: simpler, faster and more affordable. This type of visa has some features that you should consider:
- Purposes: used for tourism, business and visit in total, but NOT for employment.
- Period of stay: with this type of visa, you can stay for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival.
- Validity: Cambodia visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
If you wish to stay in the country for longer than 1 month, or for other travel purposes, you shouldn’t apply for a Cambodia e-visa for Taiwanese citizens. Instead, you need to apply for a visa at the Cambodian Embassy in Taiwan .
2. Cambodia visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens:
The process of obtaining a Cambodian visa for Taiwanese citizens is simple and straightforward. Previously, travelers had to apply for a Cambodian visa in person at a local consulate or embassy.
However, you are no longer required to apply for your Cambodian visa in person at the embassy and can apply for your Cambodian visa online in under 30 minutes instead.
There are only a few Cambodia visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens you need to know for preparation:
- Valid passport: Before entering the Kingdom of Cambodia, you need a valid Taiwanese passport which is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Cambodia and one blank page for entry and exit stamps and a copy of the biographical page of the passport
- Digital Photo: a passport-size photo in digital format (either a JPEG or PNG file).
- Valid email address: Provide an up-to-date email address so that a result of your e-visa will be arrived.
- COVID-19 related documents: you will be required to get COVID-19 insurance in order to cover your fee in case a situation happens. You also need to provide a COVID-19 vaccination certificate released by your local CDC with at least 2 standardized doses confirmed.
3. How to apply for a Cambodian visa from Taiwan
When planning a trip to Cambodia, it is best to apply for the online e-Visa 4 business days before the trip. If all the required information and documents are provided, the process takes between 1 and 3 days from application to issue.
Taiwanese citizens can obtain the Cambodian tourist visa online in 3 steps
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
The process begins with the completion of an online application form. This form should take between 15 and 20 minutes to complete and requires information such as the traveler's name and address, date of birth, and passport details.
The majority of applications are approved quickly. After the relevant authorities have approved the visa application, the visa will be emailed to you. As a result, it is critical to enter a valid email address that is still accessible to receive your Cambodia e-visa for Taiwanese citizens.
Applicants are also reminded to check their email inbox on a regular basis, as updates on the application and the approved visa will be sent directly to their inbox.
Important: Taiwanese citizens are advised to have a prior health checkup to ensure that all medical requirements are met. A copy of your Cambodia visa should be printed and kept on hand in case an immigration officer at your port of entry requires it.
4. Cambodia visa fee for Taiwanese citizens:
To obtain a Cambodia e-visa for Taiwanese citizens, you must pay two kinds of visa fees, including the visa service fee and the Cambodian Government fee.
For the service fee, there are 3 available types for you to choose,depending on your situation:
- Normal: used for most usual cases when you have enough time to prepare and wait for a response. With this option, you will get your e-visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: this is a higher priority type. If you choose this option, you will get your result within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: the highest priority that can help you get your e-visa within just around 5 business hours.
For the government fee, since Taiwan is not in the exemption list of Cambodia, if you are a Taiwanese citizen, this fee is compulsory for you.
After choosing which one suits you the best, you can see how much you will pay for the e-visa. There are 2 ways to complete your payment: electronic payment and wire transfer. In case you choose to pay by electronic payment, consider using Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Paypal for a secure payment
In addition, Cambodia Immigration services also provide other package services to assist Taiwanese citizens while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia