Cambodia visa requirements for Thai citizens - Fees and process
Thai citizens who want to see Cambodia's beauty in person can do so without a visa. A Thai tourist's visit to Cambodia without a visa, on the other hand, is limited to 14 days.
If you are a Thai citizen and want to visit Cambodia for more than 14 days, you must apply for a Cambodia e-visa from Thailand, which is easily obtained online. Fill out an application form in minutes using any working device and a stable internet connection, then wait for your e-visa permit to be emailed to you.
The Cambodia e-visa for Thai citizens is a single-entry visa that allows a maximum stay of 30 days in Cambodia. Fill out your e-visa application without going to the Cambodian embassy and without drowning in the paperwork associated with regular visa permits!
Continue reading to learn more about applying for a Cambodia visa from Thailand.
Cambodia visa from Thailand
1/ Cambodia e-visa for Thai citizens
Cambodia e-visa for Thai citizens is a government-issued document that serves as an official permit for all Thai citizens to enter Cambodia without difficulty.
The Cambodia electronic visa was launched in 2006. Thai citizens are among the eligible travelers who can use it to visit the country on vacation.
Thai citizens are only allowed to stay in Cambodia for 30 days starting on the day they enter the country with a Single Entry visa. The Cambodia e-visa for Thai citizens is valid for three months from the date of issue, so visitors should visit Cambodia during this time.
Thai citizens should apply for the Cambodia electronic visa if they intend to visit Cambodia for a short period of time for tourism purposes.
Travelers should be aware that their e-Visa to Cambodia from Thailand does not allow them to work in any capacity (paid or otherwise).
If Thai citizens intend to visit Cambodia for reasons other than tourism or for stays longer than a month, they should contact the Cambodian embassy in Thailand for more suitable visa options.
2/ Cambodia e-visa requirements for Thai citizens:
Cambodia e-visa requirements for Thai citizens
If there is one thing we are certain of, it is that you do not need to be concerned about the Cambodia visa requirements for Thai citizens. They are simple to complete, and Thai applicants just need a few of the required documents and information on hand. Here's what you'll need:
- Valid passport – In order to apply for a Cambodia e-visa, you must have a Thai passport. Check the expiry date to ensure that it is valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival in Cambodia. You must also scan your passport's information page.
- Digital passport photo – the image must adhere to some fundamental passport photo guidelines. For instance, it should be taken as recently as possible, on a white background, and so on.
- A photo of yours with a clear face and background.
- E-mail address – Your Cambodia e-visa will be sent to you via e-mail in PDF format, so the address you provide when filling out the form must be valid and correctly spelled. You must print at least two copies of your e-visa and bring them with you to Cambodia.
- Proof of accommodation: Hotel Reservation will also be required.
- Travel Insurance and COVID-19 Vaccine Card to prove that you are vaccinated at least 02 doses enough before traveling to Cambodia.
Because the approved visa is electronically linked to an individual travel document, Thai citizens should use the same passport to complete the Cambodia e-Visa application as they will use it to travel to the country. Applicants who hold dual citizenship should keep this in mind.
3/ How to apply for a Cambodia visa from Thailand:
Obtaining the Cambodia online visa from Thailand is very simple and quick.
Thai visitors can complete their Cambodia e-Visa application form in 10 minutes, submit the necessary documentation, and pay the processing fee. They only need to wait for the approved Cambodia e-Visa via email once they have submitted their application for review.
Thai citizens can apply for a Cambodia online visa in 3 easy steps
Once Thai applicants submit the online form, the visa application can be processed in 05 hours to 03 business days. The applicant will be notified via the email address provided on the online application. Depending on the day of application, approval may take longer.
Once the Cambodia electronic visa has been processed, an email with a copy of the e-Visa is sent. Despite the fact that the e-Visa is electronically linked to the applicant's passport, it is still recommended that the visa be printed and presented to immigration officers upon entry into Cambodia.
The Cambodia e-visa for Thai citizens allows for stays of up to 30 days from the date of entry.
4/ Cambodia e-visa fee for Thai citizens
The Cambodia e-Visa for Thai citizens is one of the most affordable permits due to the quick electronic process and the elimination of the need to visit an embassy.
When completing their application, Thai citizens can pay the visa fee online. The secure payment gateway accepts most credit and debit cards. There are 02 payment methods that Thai nationals may use to pay for the visa fees: electronic payment or wire transfer (HSBC transaction). If you choose electronic payment, consider using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal for secure payment.
To apply for a Cambodia visa online, you have to pay two kinds of Cambodia e-Visa fees, which are called Service fees and Government fees. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance because it is required by the Cambodian Government to process the visa.
With cambodiaimmigration.org, you have three available options for the processing time and the price of your e-Visa service will depend on which you choose. Here are the options:
- Normal: We process your application in 03 Business Days.
- Urgent: Select this option if you want your application processed as soon as possible. Within 24 hours, you will receive the Cambodia Visa from Thailand in your email inbox
- Super Urgent: We provide you the Visa to Cambodia from Thailand in only 05 hours.
In addition, Cambodiaimmigration.org also provides other service packages to ensure Thai travelers have a safe trip to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Car pick-up service, e-sim cards, etc