Check Cambodia visa requirements for UK citizens
Asian countries are known for their mysterious beauty and in this region, there is a country that has a famous temple complex which is recognized as a world cultural heritage by UNESCO, that is Cambodia with the famous Angkor Wat.
As a proper solution for promoting the tourism industry, in April 2006, the Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation launched an electronic visa, which is called e-visa.
If you, a UK citizen, are planning a trip to Cambodia, you're probably curious about the stringent travel documentation required for international travel since you need a Cambodia visa for UK citizens as an entry approval.
In case you have no idea what you need to do to begin your trip, this article will provide all the information about a Cambodia Visa UK citizens need, namely the Cambodia Visa requirements for UK citizens and how to apply.
1. Cambodia Visa for UK citizens:
Any UK citizens planning a visit to Cambodia must obtain a Cambodia visa for UK citizens before entering because there are only 9 countries that have a visa-free agreement with Cambodia. UK citizens can request an e-visa before departure.
In general, there is only 1 available type of Cambodia e-visa for all foreigners over the world - the T type (Visa T). With this type of e-visa, you are able to stay in Cambodia for a maximum of 30 days with a single-entry allowance for tourism, business, relative visit but not for employment. The validity of this e-visa type is 3 months from the date of granting and you can stay in Cambodia for up to 30 days.
UK citizens should also confirm they stay in the country for the allowed 30 days.
However, British citizens who want to stay in Cambodia for more than 1 month or for other tourist purposes, need to apply for a visa at the Cambodian Embassy in the UK.
2. Cambodia Visa Requirements for UK Citizens:
Cambodia, like many other countries, has a number of visa requirements for foreigners, including UK citizens.
Travelers from the United Kingdom who apply for a Cambodia visa online will need several items in order to complete the questionnaire, including a variety of documents.
To meet the Cambodia e-Visa requirements for UK citizens, travelers need:
- A passport which has at least 6 months validity from the date of arrival in Cambodia and a blank page for verification stamping. You will be required to provide a scanned copy of your passport biographical page with 1 photo/person which should be named as your full name.
- Health insurance and pandemic document: COVID-19 insurance is compulsory when you plan to enter Cambodia for any purpose. Besides, vaccination is also a necessary requirement. You will be required to get at least 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccines before entering Cambodia.
- Hotel reservation (if any).
- Point of entry: seaports will not be accepted. You can only enter at airports and/or land borders if you want to use e-visa.
3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa from the UK
To obtain a visa, British nationals must fill out an online Cambodia e-Visa application form. The electronic visa application form of Cambodia e-visa for UK citizens takes just a few minutes to fill out.
British passport holders can apply for Cambodia visa from the UK in 3 steps:
- Fill out your application form.
- Complete your payment.
- Receive a result and print 02 copies of the e-visa for entry.
Read more about How to apply for a Cambodia visa online.
4. How much does Cambodia e-visa cost and payment method:
After completing your application form and providing enough information as well as required documents, you will need to pay for a total Cambodia e-visa for UK citizens application cost, including government and service fee.
You can choose which service type is suitable for your demands. In total, there are 3 available service options:
- Normal: in casual cases, when you have enough time for document preparation and wait for a response. With this type of service, you can get your e-visa result within 3 business
- Urgent: this type is the great choice when you need to get an e-visa in a limited amount of time. With this type of service, you will receive your result within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: this type is the most rapid option for you to get an e-visa because you will need just 5 business hours.
Payment: after choosing your suitable type of service, you will see your total cost in the digital receipt. To charge for that, you can use electronic payment or wire transfer. If you choose electronic payment, consider using Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal for a secure payment.
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- Aaland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Arab Saudi
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- Central African
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands