Cambodia visa for US citizens - Requirements and fees
Cambodia is one of the most interesting travel places in Asia because there are many things you can see, from the stunning and historical Angkor Wat temples to the spectacular Royal Palace in Phnom Penh.
Released in 2006 as a solution for the tourism industry, the Cambodian electronic visa has been an ideal choice for short-term trips because the processing time is shorter and the total expense is smaller
US citizens, as well as other citizens from over 150 countries, are able to obtain e-visa via an online way.
Read on to learn everything you need to know about Cambodia visa requirements for US citizens
1. Cambodia Visa for US citizens:
The electronic visa is a visa that allows many tourists, including those from the United States, to enter Cambodia legally and with the permission of the Cambodian government. The term "electronic" refers to the fact that the entire process is completely done online, eliminating the need to visit an embassy in person.
In general, there is only 1 type of e-visa available for all citizens of eligible countries in the world: the visa T that has some features:
- Purpose of stay: visa T is legal for tourism, business and visit purposes, not for employment.
- Length of stay: you can stay in the United State for up to 30 days if you are using this type of visa.
- Validity: visa T is valid in 3 months from the date of granting. You should be aware and have a reasonable plan for your trip.
To apply for one of these types of visas, US citizens are required to visit their nearest Cambodian embassy in the United States
2. Cambodia visa requirements for US citizens:
In order to satisfy Cambodian electronic visa requirements for US citizens, nationals will need to comply with items:
- An US passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry and a blank page for verification.
- Digital photo, passport-size: The applicant must upload a JPEG or PNG image of his or her head and shoulders, which must conform to passport requirements regarding composition, lighting, and size.
- Current email address: the approved e-Visa for Cambodia is emailed to the provided email address.
- Health record and insurance: to get entry acceptance, you certainly need a COVID-19 insurance as a guaranteed cover if there is a situation. Moreover, the COVID-19 vaccination certificate with at least 2 standardized doses of vaccine is compulsory.
3. How to apply for a Cambodian visa from the United States:
US citizens can apply for a Cambodia visa online in 3 steps.
Travelers from the United States can apply for a Cambodia e-visa from home in less than half an hour by filling out an application form, submitting the necessary documents, and making an online payment.
The majority of Cambodian e-Visa applications are screened within 24 hours to 3 business days of application. However, it is advisable to begin the application process at least 4 business days before the intended date of arrival in Cambodia.
To begin the process, one online application form will need to be completed by each traveler. The average time taken to complete this application form is 15 minutes. American national must also ensure they complete all Cambodian visa requirements for US citizens
Once the processing is complete, the traveler will receive a notification via email. If the application is successful the applicant will then receive a copy of the e-visa via email. While the e-visa will be linked to the travelers' passports, travelers should print out a copy of the e-visa to present to immigration officials upon arrival at the Cambodian border.
After successfully submitting their application, Americans can expect to receive their Cambodia e-Visa within three days, although e-Visas can often be issued within a matter of hours. However, due to occasional delays that can cause delivery to take up to four days, applicants are advised to submit their e-visa applications at least four days before they plan to depart for Cambodia.
4. Cambodia visa fees for US citizens:
In total, you will pay 02 main kinds of Cambodia e-visa fees when applying for the Cambodia e-visa: The government and the service fee.
For the government fee, it is compulsory since the United States is not on the exemption list of Cambodia.
For the service fee, the prices shown below are adjusted to suit the pocket. Of course, it will also depend on how quickly you need your visa. There are three options available:
- Normal: For those who would like to get an e-visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: you will receive your visa within 24 hours with this service type.
- Super Urgent: this is the highest priority type that can help you get an e-visa within 5 business hours.
Payment method: you can choose between electronic payment and wire transfer. If you pick electronic payment, consider using the following units: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, or Paypal for secure payment.
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- Aaland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Arab Saudi
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- Central African
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands