Cambodia visa requirements for Kenyan citizens
Cambodia, officially the Kingdom of Cambodia, is a growing Southeast Asian tourist destination.
While the country is still relatively unknown to Kenyan tourists, a year-on-year increase in visitor numbers indicates Cambodia's growing appeal.
Kenyan passport holders are now among those who can apply for a Cambodia e-visa. The electronic travel permit was created to simplify the visa application process, making it easier than ever to enter the country.
Cambodia e-visa for Kenyan citizens
There are several benefits to applying for a Cambodia e-visa for Kenyan citizens. There is no need to visit an embassy or consulate in person because all required documents are submitted digitally. This means that Kenyans can complete the request 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Before submitting an application, Kenyan nationals should ensure that they meet all of Cambodia's visa requirements, which are listed below.
1. Cambodia e-visa for Kenyan citizens:
Kenyan nationals, like those from many other non-Asian countries, must apply for an online tourist visa to enter Cambodia.
As previously stated, the e-Visa ensures Kenyans' entry and free movement throughout the country. It is recommended that Kenyan citizens obtain their electronic visa at least 7 days before their intended travel date to avoid problems before departure.
The Cambodia e-visa, introduced in 2006 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia, is an official document that is electronically linked to the passport of the applicants and allows Kenya nationals entry into and travel within Cambodia
The Cambodia e-visa for Keyan citizens also saves time since travelers do not need to visit the Cambodia Embassy in Kenya. Kenyan visitors can enter Cambodia using an e-Visa for tourism, recreation, sightseeing, a casual visit to see friends or relatives, short-term medical treatment, or a casual business visit.
The electronic visa to Cambodia has a validity of 03 months after being issued, so it is a good option even if Kenyan travelers are not sure about concreted trip days. This single entry visa allows Kenyan citizens to stay in Cambodia for a total of 30 days from the arrival date, which is plenty of time to explore this exotic country.
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Kenyan citizens:
Cambodia e-visa requirements for Kenyan citizens
When you apply online, the requirements are simpler to meet. Even so, you still need to provide some documentation and info regarding yourself and your trip so that Cambodia Immigration Services can get things moving. Below, is a list of the Cambodia e-visa requirements for Kenyan citizens:
- Valid Kenyan passport – All applicants are required to have a passport. Furthermore, the passport must be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of entry into Cambodia. Before you apply, check the expiration date on your passport.
- For entry and exit stamps, the passport must have at least one (1) blank page.
- Digital scan of your passport’s biographical page.
- Digital passport photo – Because your e-visa requires a photo of you, you must have one taken. It is preferable if the image is as current as possible.
- E-mail address – Because we will send you your visa via email, you must have a valid email address. Remember to print the document you receive. We recommend printing multiple copies so that you have spares.
- Means of payment – Kenyan citizens will be required to make the payment for both the visa itself and the service fee. You can use a credit/debit cards, PayPal, Visa Card, American Express, and Mastercard or use wire transfer (transaction to the Bank of Cyprus)
- A hotel reservation confirmation will be required.
- Travel Insurance Documents & Covid-19 Vaccine Card/ Certificate: This is to avert the spread of covid-19 pandemic in the country.
It is advised to double-check information carefully, any details filled in incorrectly may lead to delays and even visa rejection.
3. How to apply for a Cambodia visa online from Kenya:
Luckily, obtaining a Cambodia e-visa for Kenyan citizens is simple and straightforward for travelers.
Applicants should take the following steps:
Step 1: Complete the application form with your details and choose a processing time
Step 2: Confirm your information is correct and pay the visa fee with a credit or debit card.
Step 3: When you receive your Cambodia eVisa, you should print out 02 copies of the Cambodia e-Visa.
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
Following completion of this information and payment, the applicant will receive a confirmation message at the email address provided.
How to apply for a Cambodia e-visa for Kenyan citizens
Cambodia e-Visa from Kenya: Processing Times
Travelers should apply for the e-Visa at least one week before their intended departure date from Kenya. Although the majority of applications are processed within 5 to 72 hours, it is best to allow for any potential delays.
The e-Visa form itself is simple to complete; in most cases, it can be completed in less than 10 minutes.
Applicants may face longer wait times if data is entered incorrectly, so caution should be exercised when doing so.
4. Cambodia e-visa fees for Kenyan citizens:
The Cambodia e-visa fees always vary according to two things: visa type and processing time.
There are two kinds of Cambodia e-visa fees that Kenyan citizens will have to pay to get an e-Visa to Rwanda, including a Cambodia e-visa service fee and a Cambodia Government fee. In addition, we recommend that you should buy Cambodia travel insurance because it is included in Cambodia visa requirements.
For service fees, you have 03 options to choose from, and they are as follows:
- Normal: If you choose this processing time, your visa will be emailed to you within 03 business days. It is the most affordable option.
- Urgent: The cost is a bit higher with this option than with the last one. You will receive your document within 24 business hours
- Super urgent: As you can guess, the price increases more. Your application form is processed within 5 business hours