Cambodia visa requirements for Dutch citizens
The majority of foreigners love traveling to Cambodia because of its enticing mix of golden beaches, ancient temples, delectable gastronomy, and distinct culture. Knowing that fact, in 2006 the Cambodian government decided to launch a new type of visa called an electronic visa (e-visa) as a solution to solve the biggest problem for travelers: time and expenses when applying for a visa .
Thanks to the introduction of the Cambodia e-Visa, which is available for citizens from over 150 countries, including many countries from the Schengen area.
Eligible citizens, including Dutch citizens like you, can apply for a Cambodia e-visa online and receive an approved visa sooner than usual, eliminating the need to apply at an embassy or consulate and wait for so long just to take a visa for short terms only.
In this article, you can get everything you need to know about Cambodia visa for Dutch citizens, including how to apply for a Cambodia e-Visa and what are the necessary documents for this process.
1. Cambodia visa for Dutch citizens:
The Cambodian e-Visa, introduced in 2006 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia, is an online electronic visa that allows visitors to stay in Cambodia like the casual visa type but still has some different features:
- Availability: for tourism, business and visit purposes, but NOT for employment.
- Period of stay: Cambodia e-visa allows you to stay in this country for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival.
- Validity time: 3 months (90 days) from the date of issue.
There are several other types of Cambodia visa for Dutch citizens that cover long-term stays and other types of travel, such as business activities and studying or working in Cambodia. To apply for one of these types of visas, travelers from the Netherlands are required to visit the Cambodian embassy in the Netherlands
2. Cambodia visa requirements for Dutch citizens:
The e-visa, just like the casual type, needs your personal documents for verification. But in general, its requirements are still shorter and easier, and more importantly, you will not need to spend time waiting at the embassy.
Before applying for a Cambodia e-visa from the Netherlands, we recommend reading the Cambodia Visa requirements for Dutch citizens:
- A Dutch passport which is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Cambodia and a blank page for stamping and a digital copy of the biographical page of the same passport.
- Portrait photo: This must be a JPEG or PNG format that meets all of the standard passport photo requirements, including correct composition, size, lighting, and facial expression.
- Valid email address: this is the address to which the Cambodia visa will be arrived.
- Health record and insurance: you will be asked to have a COVID-19 insurance to enter Cambodia as a secure solution for covering your fee if there is a circumstance. You also need to provide a vaccination certificate with at least 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
3. How to apply for Cambodia e-visa from the Netherlands:
As a Dutch citizen, you must fill out and submit an application for a Cambodia e-Visa before traveling to Cambodia. The application process for a Cambodia e-Visa for Dutch citizens is quick and easy, requiring applicants to complete and submit a simple, 10-minute online form. Because the application form is entirely online, you can complete it in a few minutes and submit it for approval without having to contact an embassy or consulate.
Dutch passport holders can get a visa for Cambodia in 3 steps.
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodian visa online
Once submitted, the Cambodia e-Visa for Dutch citizens is usually delivered within 3 days or less, though processing time is often only a matter of hours. However, processing can occasionally take up to 4 days. As a result, Dutch citizens planning to travel to Cambodia with an online visa should apply for their eVisa at least four days before their intended departure date.
Travelers from the Netherlands must print a copy of their Cambodia eVisa to present to border officials upon arrival in Cambodia.
4. Cambodia visa fees for Dutch citizens:
Cambodia visa fees for Dutch citizens depend on the type of permit applied for. An e-visa is typically less expensive than a traditional embassy visa and you can pay those fees online securely with a bank card ( Visa card, American Express, Paypal, MasterCard) or wire transfer
To apply for a Cambodia visa online, Dutch citizens have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
We provide three options depending on how quickly you want to receive your travel document. Keep in mind that each option has a different cost:
- Normal: We will process your request in approximately 3 business days.
- Urgent: Our team will process and obtain your document within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: This is the quickest option, allowing you to receive your electronic Visa in just 5 business hours.
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- Aaland Island
- American Samoa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Arab Saudi
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- Central African
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands