Check Cambodia visa requirements for Romanian citizens
Romanian citizens planning to spend their vacation in Cambodia will be relieved to learn that, thanks to new measures and updates implemented by the Cambodian government, Romanians will no longer need to apply for a visa at the Embassy; instead, they will only need to enter an online page to complete the entire process. The online application process is more user-friendly, and we can assist you in obtaining your travel document within 24 hours.
In this article, we have compiled some useful information to assist you in obtaining your Cambodia e-visa for Romanian citizens in the simplest and quickest manner possible.
Cambodia e-visa for Romanian citizens
1. Cambodia e-visa for Romanian citizens:
To enter Cambodia legally as a Romanian citizen, you must apply for a visa. Fortunately, thanks to recent updates, applying for and receiving a visa can now be done electronically.
Cambodia e-visa for Romanian citizens is a formal document that must be presented at the Cambodian airport upon arrival. Because the application process is done online, the visa is also done electronically. This means you will not receive a physical visa, but rather a visa in PDF format that will be delivered to you via email.
With the Cambodia e-visa, Romanian citizens can spend up to 30 days in Cambodia for tourist purposes. It is a single-entry permit.
The entire visa application process takes about 15 minutes and can be done from the comfort of one's own office or home. Visiting the Cambodian embassy in Romania in person can be a frustrating experience, but the online application process streamlines the entire process.
2. Cambodia e-visa requirements for Romanian citizens:
If you are a Romanian, the requirements for a Cambodia e-Visa are the same as for any other eligible nationality. The list contains nothing difficult to obtain, and you may already have some of the necessary items:
Cambodia e-visa requirements for Romanian citizens
- A valid Romanian passport with at least six months validity from the date you intend to visit Cambodia. Confirm the Romanian passport includes at least 2 blank pages available for entry and exit stamps
- Digital scan of your passport’s biographical page
- Digital passport photo – You will also need this one because a photo of yourself must be linked to your electronic visa. The more recent the image, the better.
- An email address so that the Cambodia e-Visa can be delivered directly to the applicant's inbox in Romania.
- Share their travel itinerary (including arrival dates and accommodation details)
- Travel Insurance Documents & Covid-19 Vaccine Card/ Certificate
- Payment methods – When you fill out the application form, you will be required to make a payment that covers both the visa and our service fee. You can pay with a credit/debit card, PayPal, Visa Card, American Express, and Mastercard or use wire transfer (transaction to the Bank of Cyprus)
Travelers from Romania must carry and enter Cambodia with the same passport used throughout the e-Visa application process.
If the Romanian passport is replaced before entering Cambodia, the current e-Visa will no longer be valid, and a new application must be submitted with the new passport's legal information.
3. How to apply for a Cambodia online visa from Romania:
Romanian citizens who want to travel to Cambodia can fill out the online application form at any time, but they must allow at least 07 business days for the request to be processed.
How to apply for a Cambodia online visa from Romania
Before submitting their online application, travelers should double-check all the information provided in the application.
During the application process, the following steps must be completed:
- 1. The first requires you to provide personal information, travel details, and passport information. You must also select a processing time for your application in this section.
- 2. The second step consists of payment and information revision. Don't forget to double-check the spelling.
- 3. The last step will ask you to print out 02 copies of the Cambodia e-Visa.
Read more: How to apply for a Cambodia visa online
Once the application is submitted, the system will process the applicant’s details. If their applications are approved, travelers will receive their visas via email within the next three business days.
4. Cambodia e-visa fees for Romanian citizens:
Cambodia Immigration Services takes great pride in providing visa services at reasonable rates. Furthermore, you are given the option of selecting one of 03 processing times, which means that the Cambodia e-visa fees vary depending on your selection. Here are your options:
- Normal – when you select this option, your visa will arrive via email within 03 business days. This is the cheapest option you have at hand.
- Urgent: this time, you receive your visa in 01 business day
- Super urgent: since this is the fastest option, it is also the most expensive. Your application will be processed within 5 business hours.
5. Traveling From Romania to Cambodia
Visitors flying from Bucarest to Phnom Penh can expect to spend 10 hours or more in the air before arriving at any of Cambodia's international airports. During this time, some important trip considerations are recommended, including planning a proper visit to Siem Reap that takes into account transportation options and the best time to visit; as well as taking all necessary medical precautions to prevent entry denials or health consequences during the trip.
Along with these recommendations, Romanians should be aware of all the border crossing options provided by the Cambodia eVisa, particularly if they intend to enter the country by land:
- Cambodia entrance from Vietnam. To cross the border from Ho Chi Minh City, the most common Vietnamese land border crossing, Romanian travelers must purchase their tickets in advance. The journey lasts more than 6 hours.
- Cambodia entrance from Laos. Romanians who want to visit the 4,000 islands or Si Phan Don, should take this route. A minibus is the most common mode of transportation used to enter Cambodia.
- Cambodia entrance from Thailand. The main reason to travel this route is to see the Angkor Wat ruins. Trains and buses can cross this border.
In addition, We also provide other package services to assist travelers while traveling to Cambodia such as Cambodia travel insurance, Cambodia eSim cards, and Car Pick-up service in Cambodia