Angkor Wat in Cambodia
A Guide to the Angkor Temples in Cambodia
Angkor Wat in Cambodia and the surrounding Khmer temples are one of the most spectacular archaeological sites in Asia — millions of tourists come to Siem Reap to visit the ancient remnants of a vast empire.
The Angkor Archaeological Park became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1992. New ruins are discovered frequently. In 2007, a team of archaeologists realized that Angkor, spread over at least 390 square miles, was the largest preindustrial city in the world at one time.
The most popular temples are as follows:
- Angkor Wat (main site)
- Angkor Thom
- Preah Khan
- Banteay Srei
- Ta Prohm (the Tomb Raider temple)
Angkor is located just 20 minutes north of Siem Reap in Cambodia. There are many options for moving between Siem Reap and Angkor Wat.
The best time to go to Angkor Wat is during dry season between November and April. Heavy rain in the monsoon months makes scrambling around the ruins outside a soggy experience.
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- New Year - New Everything
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Join us if you dare for a halloween scare
- Wonderful beaches in Southeast Asia
- Southeast asia - A wonderful journey
- Vesaka Bochea (Buddha's "Birthday")
- Phnom Bakheng: Best for Sunset Viewing
- The Top 3 Things to Do in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Useful tips for Cambodia’s first-timer
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- Sihanoukville Airport opens renovated terminal
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Fascinating Cambodian Cuisine: 12 Unique Dishes to Feast On (Part 1)
- Top 5 Souvenirs From Cambodia
- Big Deals for Cambodia eVisa
- Phnom Penh’s most iconic restaurants
- Special Offer on Women’s Day!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- 5 best Cambodian beaches
- Cambodia Public Holiday in Year 2015
- The 10 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Cambodia
- 10 ways to save money when travelling
- 10 Top Tourist Attractions in Cambodia
- 10 Magnificent Angkor Temples