Koh Rong: What Makes Cambodia's Most Attractive Island
Koh Rong Island has numerous beautiful beaches, pristine coral reefs, and a variety of animals. If you want to go on a beach vacation, Koh Rong Island is undoubtedly one of the most excellent tourist spots in Cambodia.
Where is Koh Rong? - Visit the most attractive places in Cambodia
Where exactly is Koh Rong Island?
Koh Rong Island is situated in the Gulf of Thailand, approximately 25 kilometers (16 miles) off the coast of Sihanoukville. It is located in the Mittakpheap district of Sihanoukville Province, in commune (Sangkat) No.5, or Sangkat Koh Rong.
Koh Touch, in the southeast, the twin islands of Koh Bong-Po'own (Koh Song-Saa), in the northeast, and Koh Koun and Koh Rong Samloem in the south. Sangkat Koh Rong is made up of these five islands (or Commune 5 of Mittakpheap District).
Koh Rong Islands in Cambodia
How big is Koh Rong?
Koh Rong (also spelled Kaôh Rong or Kos Rong) is Cambodia's second biggest island, covering roughly 78 km2. On the island, there are four village communities: Koh Touch (southeast), Prek Svay (northeast), Daem Thkov (Sangkat village) (east), and Sok San (west).
The south side of Koh Rong is particularly lovely since it is exposed to the elements and the open sea, and the east side is distinguished by smooth hills that gently drop into crescent-shaped beaches, inlets, and bays.
When Is The Best Time Of The Year To Visit Koh Rong?
Between the middle of November and the beginning of May is the finest time to visit Koh Rong Island. During these months, you may expect wonderful summer days with little cloud cover and little humidity. You can refer to the average temperatures have been over the last year:
- Warm and dry in the middle of November, December, January, and February. The midday temperature is 25°C.
- March, April, and May are hot and dry. 35°C during the day.
- June, July, and August are hot and humid. 35°C during the day.
- Warm and rainy in September, October, and early November. The midday temperature is 25°C.
Where to stay in Koh Rong? - Accommodations on Koh Rong island
While not a large island, Koh Rong may be difficult to reach due to a lack of roads, so choose your accommodation wisely. The bottom of Long Set Beach, or Kaoh Touch Beach, are wonderful places to stay on the island since they are within walking distance of the main area of restaurants and bars. There are several hotels, resorts, and hostels in the area, so finding lodging is not difficult.
Where to eat in Koh Rong? - Koh Rong restaurants
The majority of restaurants and cafés are in the main village on Kaoh Touch Beach. Here are three of the best places to eat in Koh Rong:
- Nest Beach Club (western cuisine with a special meal every night).
- Enocafe Coffee & Italian Restaurant (excellent Italian pizza and spaghetti).
- The settlement at the end of Sok San beach serves delicious and reasonably priced seafood.
How to get to Koh Rong
How to get from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong? - Ferry is a smart choice
Sihanoukville is a large city that may be reached by plane, bus, or rail inside Cambodia. You must take the boat from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong.
There are five boat companies that run the journey from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong, so finding a time that works for you should be easy.
- Approximately $25 return in 45 minutes
Furthermore, there are two other ways to reach Koh Rong, each with a few criteria.
- Hire a private boat to get to Koh Rong.
- Helicopter transport to Koh Rong
How do I get from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong? - How good for a bus journey
Taking a bus from Phnom Penh to Koh Rong, Cambodia, is the best option. The trip takes around 4 hours and is operated by several different firms. It costs roughly $10, and it is preferable to reserve ahead of time.
How to get from Siem Reap to Koh Rong?
There are also other options for getting to Koh Rong from Siem Reap.
The trip takes around 06 hours and costs about $12.
How to get around Koh Rong?
Because Koh Rong lacks good road infrastructure, strolling along the beach is the most convenient method to get around.
For longer trips, shuttle boats can be arranged by your lodging. Alternatively, if your destinations are close to the main road, you may hire a motorbike in Kaoh Touch for $10 per day (including gas).
How to get to Koh Rong Islands
Top 5 finest things to do with beautiful Koh Rong
What to do in Koh Rong?
You could easily spend a week doing nothing in Koh Rong. With dynamic outdoor activities like this, travel insurance is an excellent companion for increasing tourists' peace of mind and trust in their journey. Pick up the phone and check out the Cambodia Immigration Service’s website for coverage information that we have available for you.
If that's not your thing, these are the top 5 finest things to do on the Koh Rong island.
The two piers were once the most significant sites to snorkel around Koh Toch. On Koh Rong, the snorkeling is quite nice.
On and around Koh Rong, Koh Rong Dive Center provides enjoyable dives and PADI training courses. If you're a serious diver (or want to be one), Koh Rong is probably not the greatest site to dive at due to poor visibility around the island. However, if you want to dive during the day and party on the beach at night, Koh Rong is the place to consider.
Kayaks may be hired by the day or by the hour on Koh Rong ($12 or $5, respectively). You may also kayak to some of the other beaches, but keep in mind that the island is big, and you won't be able to do a full circumnavigation in a single day!
Kayaking on Koh Rong Islands
4. Park for adventure
There was a time when there was nothing to do in Koh Rong. High Point Adventure Park, a Russian-owned rope adventure park with a 160-meter zip line, climbing, rope walks, and two zip lines high in the rainforests of Koh Rong is now open. They have, however, taken care of safety, sending over safety equipment from Europe, and you will be wearing an Italian-made helmet to complete the course.
5. Participate in the Nestival celebration
Nest is the place to be on a Saturday in Koh Rong! Every weekend, they hold the Nestival, an afternoon of social games and drinking!
- Nest Beach Club Long Set Beach every Saturday at 3 p.m.
Tips on the go to Koh Rong
- NO ATMs on Koh Rong: Remember to pack enough cash to cover your costs
- Please note that buying a return ticket will be slightly cheaper than two one-way tickets – just notify the ferry company 24 hours before you want to return to the mainland, and they will confirm the ferry pick-up for you.
So, is it worthwhile to visit Koh Rong? Koh Rong Island, located in the Sihanoukville Province of Cambodia, is without a doubt the best spot to visit in Cambodia. It features amazing, pearly white beaches surrounded by magnificent coconut palms and the most transparent water you've ever seen. This island must be seen before tourism takes over!
- Travel To Cambodia From Australia - The Most Helpful Tips
- Battambang Travel - Explore The Hidden Gem Of Cambodia
- Cambodia Language: Common Khmer Phrases For Travel
- Cambodia Public Holidays: National Events Highlights
- Water Festival in Cambodia: General & Tips for Travelers to Join Perfectly
- Siem Reap in Cambodia: What to Do & How to Get There
- The Best Ways to Get to Cambodia from Thailand
- Vietnam to Cambodia: Basic Routes & Visas Guide for Travelers
- The Best Time To Visit Cambodia
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- New Year - New Everything
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Join us if you dare for a halloween scare
- Wonderful beaches in Southeast Asia
- Southeast asia - A wonderful journey
- Vesak Bochea Day in Cambodia: How is celebrated Buddha Day
- Phnom Bakheng: Best for Sunset Viewing
- Top 3 things to do in Phnom Penh
- Discover Angkor Wat in Cambodia - Place must visit for travelers
- Cambodia travel tips and advice for first-timer
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- Sihanoukville Airport opens renovated terminal
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot deal for Summer of Cambodia e-Visa
- Fascinating Cambodian Cuisine: 12 Unique Dishes to Feast On (Part 1)
- Top 5 Cambodia Souvenirs: Best things to buy
- Big Deals for Cambodia eVisa
- Phnom Penh’s most iconic restaurants
- Women’s Day promotion: Special offer for Cambodia e-visa
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- 10 best Cambodia beaches
- Cambodia Public Holiday in Year 2015
- The 10 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Cambodia
- 10 ways to save money when travelling
- 10 Top Tourist Attractions in Cambodia
- Best temples Angkor Wat in Siem Riep - The heart of Cambodia