The Best Ways to Get to Cambodia from Thailand
Travel to cambodia from Thailand: Being the neighboring countries, you can combine a visit to both Thailand and Cambodia during a single trip. There are many options for you to travel between these two countries, and you can choose the most suitable one on your own merits.
1. Travel To Cambodia From Thailand
Cambodia is an excellent choice for an unexpected visit from Thailand, whether you are planning a trip to South East Asia or simply seeking locations to discover. Some argue that Cambodia, with its historic ruins and spectacular natural beauty, provides a more authentic view of the region's culture than cities such as Bangkok.
The biggest tourist site in Cambodia is Angkor Archaeological Park, a must-see destination in Cambodia. Meanwhile, Phnom Penh is known to be one of the friendliest capitals in Southeast Asia due to its calmer and more laid-back environment. Then there are national parks and picturesque communities that dot the countryside and shoreline where coastal resorts are slowly regaining popularity. So, how to travel to Cambodia from Thailand? Travelers can consider the following options.
Travel to Cambodia from Thailand
2. How To Get From Thailand To Cambodia?
How to get to Cambodia from Thailand by plane?
Airports in Thailand
Thailand has a total of 37 airports, including 8 international airports and 29 domestic airports. Five large airports are being developed in Thailand's major cities. Don Mueang International Airport and Suvarnabhumi International Airport are located in Bangkok, Phuket International Airport is located on Phuket Island, Chiang Mai International Airport is located in Chiangmai, and Koh Samui Airport is located on Koh Samui Island.
Airports in Cambodia
Cambodia has three international airports: the Phnom Penh International Airport, which is located in the capital city of Phnom Penh and is also the largest city in Cambodia; the Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport, which is located near the famous Angkor Wat ruins and serves as the gateway to the Angkor region; and the Sihanoukville International Airport, which is located in the coastal city of Sihanoukville. There are several domestic airports in addition to these international airports.
Thailand to Cambodia flights
Thailand-Cambodia flights are presently only accessible from Bangkok to Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
At the time, regional airports in Thailand did not have direct flights to Cambodia. Before traveling to Cambodia, you must first connect in Bangkok. The trip from Bangkok to Phnom Penh takes around 1 hour and 10 minutes, whereas the journey from Bangkok to Siem Reap takes approximately 1 hour.
Travel from Thailand To Cambodia By Bus
Traveling by bus from Bangkok to Cambodia is the most cost-effective alternative (starting at $24). It provides more flexible routes than aircraft for individuals who are not in a hurry.
Tourists on a Thailand-Cambodia cross-border trip most typically use the Aranya Prathet - Poipet port. This port is frequently used by buses traveling between Bangkok and Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. It is open from 7:00 to 20:00.
Bus from Thailand to Cambodia
Return to your bus for the 4-hour trip to Siem Reap after receiving your entrance stamp. If you travel by bus, you can observe the green paddy fields along the road and see how folks are in the countryside. When you get to Siem Reap, the bus operator will drop you off at your guesthouse for free. Taking a bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap is so basic and simple, except that you may spend some time passing borders and dealing with regulations.
Meanwhile, there is a bus service from Bangkok to Phnom Penh. It leaves Mo Chit at 5:00 a.m. and arrives in Phnom Penh at 6:00 p.m. the same day.
Travel from Thailand to Cambodia by bus
Thailand To Cambodia Train
You may anticipate a train to be faster than driving, but this is not the case in Thailand! Trains appear to be an excellent means of conveying a larger number of people from point A to point B, but they are not intended to be quick modes of transportation. Take the train from Bangkok to Cambodia as an example: it takes 6 hours to get there, but putting the duration of the journey aside, traveling by rail in Thailand has its benefits. For one thing, it is less expensive than a bus, and you can get up and roam around the train, and there are typically more amenities available.
Traveling by rail to Cambodia allows you to take in the surroundings if you choose a daylight train.
However, because there are no trains running between Thailand and Cambodia, you will only be able to travel as far as Aranyaprathet. After that, you'll have to take a tuk-tuk to the border, or Cambodia Immigration Service’s car pickup service can give you a hand. Once there, you'll have to decide how to continue your journey, depending on where you're headed.
Transportation for different groups of conditions
Bus/Boat from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
If you wish to continue to Phnom Penh, you have two options: bus or boat. A daily speedboat runs from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, departing at 6:30 and arriving at 13:00. Alternatively, buses run at different times throughout the day from 6:30 to around 12:30, with a trip time of 6.5 hours and a price of $13-$15. Some buses are double-deckers, while others feature restrooms and snacks.
3. Visa advice for travelers from Thailand To Cambodia?
Remember that whatsoever means of transportation you pick to get from Bangkok to Cambodia, you will be crossing an international border. Thai citizens can visit Cambodia without a visa for 14 days. If their trips exceed 14 days, they will need to apply for a Cambodian visa.
Visa requirements to travel to Cambodia
When going by bus or rail from Bangkok, obtaining a visa at the border is simple but time-consuming. If feasible, apply for an e-visa online before your trip so that you already have it and can save time and stress at the border.
As previously said, if you are on a tight schedule or have a large budget, taking a flight from Thailand to Cambodia is a great option, and it is more time-saving to deal with border-crossing procedures than a road trip, but you may require an air transfer to Bangkok in Thailand first. The Cambodia e-Visa can also be obtained online in advance.
Bus and rail trips are better suited for those who wish to experience local road transportation or have lots of time. In comparison, traveling by bus gives visitors more options than taking trains. Regardless of the mode of transportation, your journey from Thailand to Cambodia will be different and entertaining. Enjoy a pleasant stay with Cambodia Immigration Service's first-rate services!
- Travel To Cambodia From Australia - The Most Helpful Tips
- Battambang Travel - Explore The Hidden Gem Of Cambodia
- Cambodia Language: Common Khmer Phrases For Travel
- Cambodia Public Holidays: National Events Highlights
- Water Festival in Cambodia: General & Tips for Travelers to Join Perfectly
- Siem Reap in Cambodia: What to Do & How to Get There
- Koh Rong: What Makes Cambodia's Most Attractive Island
- Vietnam to Cambodia: Basic Routes & Visas Guide for Travelers
- The Best Time To Visit Cambodia
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- New Year - New Everything
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Join us if you dare for a halloween scare
- Wonderful beaches in Southeast Asia
- Southeast asia - A wonderful journey
- Vesak Bochea Day in Cambodia: How is celebrated Buddha Day
- Phnom Bakheng: Best for Sunset Viewing
- Top 3 things to do in Phnom Penh
- Discover Angkor Wat in Cambodia - Place must visit for travelers
- Cambodia travel tips and advice for first-timer
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- Sihanoukville Airport opens renovated terminal
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot deal for Summer of Cambodia e-Visa
- Fascinating Cambodian Cuisine: 12 Unique Dishes to Feast On (Part 1)
- Top 5 Cambodia Souvenirs: Best things to buy
- Big Deals for Cambodia eVisa
- Phnom Penh’s most iconic restaurants
- Women’s Day promotion: Special offer for Cambodia e-visa
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- 10 best Cambodia beaches
- Cambodia Public Holiday in Year 2015
- The 10 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Cambodia
- 10 ways to save money when travelling
- 10 Top Tourist Attractions in Cambodia
- Best temples Angkor Wat in Siem Riep - The heart of Cambodia