Top 3 things to do in Phnom Penh
Global visitors to Cambodia always spend their schedule exploring the capital Phnom Penh. In the article below, let's check the top 03 things to do in Phnom Penh that travelers must try when coming here.
Explore with Cambodia Immigration Services now!
Top 03 Amazing things to do in Phnom Penh
If visiting the Cambodian capital, any tourist should do the following 03 things:
1. Visit Phnom Penh Royal Palace
Phnom Penh has the Royal Palace which is a complex of buildings that serves as the royal residence of the King of Cambodia with a Khmer architectural style. Phnom Penh Royal Palace is a popular tourist attraction with a number of rules and regulations that are strictly enforced.
Royal Palace is home to the King of Cambodia, His Majesty Preah Bat Samdech Preah Sihamoni. The royal palace has four gates. The eastern Victory Gate leads directly to the entrance of the throne hall and is used only by royalty and VIPs.
Royal palace Phnom Penh is open daily, from 8:00-10:30 AM and 2:00-5:00 PM. On Friday, it closes at 4:30 PM.
During the serious Covid pandemic, the Royal palace of Cambodia closed on March 18, 2020, after the first few cases of Covid-19 in Cambodia were detected.
The Cost for entry is $10 USD per person, cash only. Entry is only permitted via one of the many gates into the Royal Palace.
Location to visit: HW7J+HG6, Samdach Sothearos Blvd (3), Phnom Penh.
The Royal Palace provides fascinating insights into the past and present of Cambodia
2. The Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum in Phnom Penh
The Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum or simply Tuol Sleng is a museum chronicling the Cambodian genocide. This place is known for Internment, interrogation, extermination, and human experimentation camp used by the Khmer Rouge.
It consists of four buildings. The museum houses an archive as well as photographs and works of art that preserve the documents and instruments used for tortures.
Located in Phnom Penh, the site is a former secondary school that was used as Security Prison 21 by the Khmer Rouge regime from 1975 until its fall in 1979.
Exhibits on Tuol Sleng museum grounds may not be appropriate for visitors 14 years old and younger.
The cost of entry for non-Cambodian travelers is $5.00 for Adults and $3.00 for between 10-18.
The visitors can choose personal tour guides who speak Khmer, French, and English.
The Audio guide for Cambodian is $1.00 and Non-Cambodian: $5.00
Address: St 113, Phnom Penh 12304, Cambodia
Opening time: 8 AM - 5 PM
3. Discover the Phnom Penh Night Market - things to do in Phnom Penh at night
The Phnom Penh Night Market is one of the favorite markets in Cambodia, which attracts both local people, as well as tourists worldwide. Let’s discover Phnom Penh's nightlife for travelers!
A night market is where travelers can explore the local food and cultures
Here is the list of 03 must-visited Night Markets in Phnom Penh
The Night Market in Phnom Penh
The Night Market is located on the riverfront close to downtown Phnom Penh. This local night market only opens from 5 PM to 11 PM on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays.
Things to do in Phnom Penh at night for Cambodians and tourists who come to enjoy a cold night include tasting local street food and beer and shopping for cheap clothes, souvenirs, and local jewelry.
Phnom Penh Night Market Activities
It is a famous place to shop and dine in Phnom Penh along with enjoying the riverfront.
Phnom Penh Cambodia nightclub with restaurants and cafes housing live music, dance performances, and local music bands entertaining the visitors.
The most popular items sold in the night market are extensive ranges of cheap clothes for men, women, and children. Besides, second-hand clothes are also being sold for all ages to encourage people's savings.
Next come the souvenirs popular among tourists including Cambodian handicrafts, silver and gold jewelry, handmade jewelry, silk fabrics, artworks, paintings, handmade jute bags, purses, Buddha statues made of wood, stone sculptures, wallets, wooden carvings, and other local products.
Food at the Phnom Penh night market is the most exciting feature for food lovers. Head to the food section famous for BBQ sticks, fish balls, Buffet menu including many varieties of noodles and rice, desserts including the famous coconut ice cream, cakes, and smoothies.
The night market is located close to the downtown of Phnom Penh, and can easily be reached on foot in about 20 minutes. You can rent a Tuk-Tuk or hire a motorbike.
This is one of the things to do in Phnom Penh with kids for travelers.
Phnom Penh Night Market offers a wide range of local food for travelers
The Russian Market
Russian Market is a noteworthy street market in Phnom Penh. Russian Market is called from the 1980s when most of the Market's visitors were large groups of Russian expats shopping here.
This is the hippest market in town and one of the largest in Phnom Penh.
Shopping at the Russian Market is a nice choice for those who want to buy something to gift friends in their home country. Stalls selling wooden handicrafts, antiquities, miniature Buddhas, fruits and veggies, jewelry, etc occupy this market. And of course, you’ll see plenty of knock-off products with various brand tags.
The market is also famous for Khmer iced coffee, elephant pants, grilled bananas, and bargaining.
If you are looking for Cambodian souvenirs that are affordable, make it the top place to buy them. many options to choose from an extensive range of wooden handicrafts, statues of Buddha, many stones and wood carvings, antiques, handmade products like bags, purses, recyclable products, silk fabrics, handmade silver jewelry, musical instruments, postcards, decorated lamps, artworks, and paintings.
Travelers can buy various souvenirs at the Russian Market
The Russian Market is located in downtown Phnom Penh close to Monivong Boulevard and Mao Tse Tung streets and takes about 20 minutes to reach. If you go on food, it will take you about 35 minutes to reach this market.
The best time to visit the Russian Market is early in the morning or evening when the weather is relatively pleasant.
Visit the Russian market by renting a Tuk-Tuk for about 8 USD for a round trip that can be shared. Or you can hire a motorbike for about 8 to 10 USD per day to get there.
Timings: 6 AM to 5 PM
The Central Market, which opened in 1937, is housed beneath a dome and four extending 'legs' (hallways). It's a popular market in Phnom Penh, and it's always bustling with locals and tourists looking for bargains.
It's a Cambodian Art Deco building with a bright splash of yellow on the outside. It has numerous stalls selling everything from gold and silverware to electronics and food.
Address: Calmette St. 53, Phnom Penh
Time: 7 AM to 6 PM
With the top 3 things to do in Phnom Penh on a budget to help you plan to visit this Capital. Don't forget to contact our services to apply for a Cambodia visa ticket to visit this country. Fast - safe - economical are words to describe our process to get visa approval.
- UAE To Cambodia - Everything You Need To Know
- Travel to Cambodia from Canada: The Important Requirements
- Travel to Cambodia from Philippines: Beyond Boracay's Beauty
- Weather in Cambodia: What Are The Seasonal Indications
- Angkor Wat Sunrise – Top 6 Best Spots for seeing
- Pchum Ben Festival: Explore Cambodian Spiritual Significance
- Discover The Captivating Beauty of Kampong Cham in Cambodia
- Travel To Cambodia From The US: Remarkably Useful Tips To Known
- Cambodia Island: Top 6 Best Destinations of The Country
- Cambodia Currency For Travelers: Advice To Exchange Money For Best Rate And Safe
- Cambodia New Year: Traditions & Festivities for Travelers to Join
- What to do in Kampot: Things To Reach The Flavorful Adventure
- Travel from Laos to Cambodia: What Is The Best Way to Go
- Apsara Dance In Cambodia: History & The Best Places to See Tradition
- Angkor Thom - Exploring Cambodia's Giant Lost-City
- Bokor Mountain Cambodia - A Journey To The Past
- A Guide To Travel From The UK To Cambodia
- Kirirom National Park: A Small But Precious Biosphere Reserve
- The Cambodia Royal Palace: Beauty for All to Discover
- Traditional Cambodian Clothing - Exploring The Vibrant World Of The Nation
- Travel To Cambodia From Australia - The Most Helpful Tips
- Battambang Travel - Explore The Hidden Gem Of Cambodia
- Cambodia Language: Common Khmer Phrases For Travel
- Cambodia Public Holidays: National Events Highlights
- Water Festival in Cambodia: General & Tips for Travelers to Join Perfectly
- Siem Reap in Cambodia: What to Do & How to Get There
- Koh Rong: What Makes Cambodia's Most Attractive Island
- The Best Ways to Get to Cambodia from Thailand
- Vietnam to Cambodia: Basic Routes & Visas Guide for Travelers
- The Best Time To Visit Cambodia
- International Women’s Day
- Enjoy Sweet Valentine's Day with Cambodia e-visa promotion
- New Year - New Everything
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Join us if you dare for a halloween scare
- Wonderful beaches in Southeast Asia
- Top 3 famous tourist destinations in Southeast Asia
- Vesak Bochea Day in Cambodia: How is celebrated Buddha Day
- Phnom Bakheng: Best for Sunset Viewing
- Discover Angkor Wat in Cambodia - Place must visit for travelers
- Cambodia travel tips and advice for first-timer
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- Sihanoukville Airport opens renovated terminal
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot deal for Summer of Cambodia e-Visa
- Fascinating Cambodian Cuisine: 12 Unique Dishes to Feast On (Part 1)
- Top 5 Cambodia Souvenirs: Best things to buy
- Big Deals for Cambodia eVisa
- Phnom Penh’s most iconic restaurants
- Women’s Day promotion: Special offer for Cambodia e-visa
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- 10 best Cambodia beaches
- Cambodia Public Holiday in Year 2015
- The 10 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Cambodia
- 10 ways to save money when travelling
- 10 Top Tourist Attractions in Cambodia
- Best temples Angkor Wat in Siem Riep - The heart of Cambodia