By Katie May
Cambodia, a mesmerizing Southeast Asian gem, attracts countless travelers each year with its rich history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant culture. If you're planning a visit to this enchanting kingdom, understanding the various types of visas available and their specific conditions is crucial for a smooth and hassle-free journey.
In this article, we will explore the different Cambodia visa types and their requirements and help you navigate the process with ease.
How Many Types Of Visas Are There In Cambodia?
Depending on the purpose of entry, the entry rules are changed. The candidates need to provide full supporting documents and apply at the nearest Cambodia Embassy or visit the application online system. Here are 04 most common Cambodia visa types for travelers to enter the country
1. Tourist Visa
The tourist visa is the most common type of visa for travelers visiting Cambodia for leisure or sightseeing purposes. A Cambodia tourist visa is valid for 3 months from the issued date and allows you to stay in the country for up to 30 days. In addition, you can obtain a tourist visa either in advance from a Cambodian embassy or upon arrival at designated entry points.
2. Business Visa
If you are planning to visit Cambodia for business-related activities, such as attending conferences, meetings, or exploring potential business opportunities, you will require a business visa. The Cambodia business visa is valid for 3 months from the issued date and allows you to stay in the country for 30 days, and it can be extended for longer durations if needed (at the local office). It is advisable to apply for a business visa in advance from a Cambodian embassy.
The tourist visa is popular among travelers visiting Cambodia
In 2006, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation established a system called to process an online visa for Cambodia called the e visa. The e-visa was implemented as a convenient and streamlined way for travelers to apply for a Cambodia visa online prior to their arrival in this country. It aimed to simplify the visa application process and reduce the need for travelers to visit Cambodian embassies or consulates in person.
Since its introduction, the e-visa is the most popular option in all Cambodia visa types for a short time trip. Tourists and business visitors have widely used the e visa system to obtain their visas before traveling to Cambodia. The e visa allows a stay of up to 30 days. Ensure you apply for an e visa well before your travel date.
You can enter Cambodia with an e visa via the following international airports and overland border crossings:
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Sihanoukville International Airport
- Border crossings with Thailand: Poipet, Cham Yeam (Koh Kong)
- Border crossing with Vietnam: Bavet
- Border crossing with Laos: Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang)
You can apply for the Cambodia e-visa through the Cambodia Immigration Services website.
4. Visa on Arrival
If you favor acquiring your visa upon reaching Cambodia, the country provides a visa-on-arrival service at significant international airports and land border crossings. This convenient option is accessible for both tourist and business visas. To expedite the process, it is advisable to have the required documents on hand, such as a passport-sized photo and the visa fee in US dollars.
Currently, Cambodia has three international airports: Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and Sihanoukville. Cambodian visas are available at both of these airports.
At one of the authorized checkpoints, you can apply for a visa if you are traveling to Cambodia by land. The following border crossings have these checkpoints:
- Border crossings with Thailand: Poipet (Banteay Meanchey) and Cham Yeam (Koh Kong)
- Border crossings with Vietnam: Bavet (Svay Rieng)
- Border crossing with Laos: Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang)
Read more: 5 Reasons To Choose Cambodia Online Visa
Visa On Arrival is accessible for both tourist and business visas
Get To Know About Cambodia Visa Requirements For Travelers
Foreign visitors who wish to enter Cambodia can apply for an electronic visa (e-visa) to obtain permission to enter the Kingdom of Cambodia. The e-visa is a convenient travel authorization available for Cambodia. To apply for a Cambodia e-visa, travelers must prepare several essential documents. These documents should be submitted along with the e-visa application:
- Passport personal information scan. This passport should be valid for a minimum of six months from the date applicants intend to enter Cambodia and have at least 2 blank pages.
- The applicant’s photo meets the requirements: Taken in recent 06 months, high quality, shows your full face, front view, eyes open, head in the center of the frame, and showing full head from the top of hair to bottom of the chin, PNG and JPEG format.
- Cambodia travel insurance document is mandatory for the Cambodian Government to process a visa application.
- A Covid-19 vaccine card or certificate
- Proof of hotel reservations for the duration of the stay.
- Payment can be made by debit or credit card.
- The applicant’s email address to receive the notifications of the e visa
Depending on Cambodia visa types, the requirements for travelers are different
To avoid any delays in the visa application procedure, it is crucial to have all of this paperwork prepared well in advance.
For more information, you can check Cambodia e-Visa photo requirements here to be well-prepared for your application.
Steps To Apply For A Cambodia Visa At Cambodia Immigration Services
Due to the electronic visa system, the process for obtaining a Cambodia visa has become easier than ever. The entire procedure for an e visa may be finished online and usually just takes a few minutes. The following easy procedures should be followed to apply for a visa online at Cambodia Immigration Services:
- Step 1: Applicants complete the application form by entering all personal information, such as full name, nationality, and date of birth, as well as passport data. Before moving on to the next stage, ensure all the information you provide is accurate to prevent unforeseen processing and approval delays.
- Step 2: Applicants must verify all of the information that was supplied in Step 2 before moving on to the stage where you make the payment. Your e visa application can be delayed if any mistakes or information gaps exist. After that, you must pay the e-Visa cost to finish processing your application.
- Step 3: You will immediately receive a confirmation email in the mail indicating your e-visa application has been received. An online review and approval of your e-visa application will result in its mailing to you.
- Step 4: Before traveling to Cambodia, remember to download and print a copy of your Cambodia e visa after you've got it in your email. You'll need to obtain your e-Visa stamped in your passport once you arrive in the nation.
Once your Cambodia e visa application has been approved, you will get an email with all the pertinent details.
With the information about Cambodia visa types, we hope you are ready to experience the warmth and discover the unique beauty of this magnificent land. If you have any questions, feel free to connect with us on the Cambodia Immigration Services website.