Cambodia Island: Top 6 Best Destinations of The Country
Lapped by the crystal-clear waves of the Gulf of Thailand, Cambodia's southern islands boast a great variety of beach landscapes.
Let's discover with Cambodia Immigration Services about the best Cambodia islands for foreign travelers, who want to enjoy the white sandy, stretches of beach, and the midnight wonder of bioluminescent plankton. The time to depart is now.
- When Is The Ideal Time To Explore The Beaches And Islands Of Cambodia?
- Top 6 Islands In Cambodia Travelers Need To Pay More Attention
- Quick tips for travelers coming to Cambodian islands
When Is The Ideal Time To Explore The Beaches And Islands Of Cambodia?
The finest months to visit are between December and March when bright, sunny days are frequently accompanied by clear starry evenings.
Cambodia Immigration Services recommend avoiding these beaches between June and September since the islands are prone to heavy rain and the weather is quite humid. The water might sometimes turn turbulent, hindering your transportation to the islands.
Top 6 Islands In Cambodia Travelers Need To Pay More Attention
Each island has its own attractiveness and here are the top 6 Cambodia island destinations for you! Let's discover!
1. Koh Rong - Party paradise
Koh Rong island, the now-fabled party destination for backpackers making the Southeast Asia circle, is a tale of two halves. There's the Koh Tuch town area, where everything happens, and then there's the remainder of the island, which, despite development ambitions, remains largely undisturbed save for a few distant resorts and a few of itsy-bitsy fishing communities.
If you're looking for dance-till-dawn parties and Mekong whisky buckets, the basic crash pads of Koh Tuch Hamlet are the place to be - but don't expect to get much sleep.
Koh Rong is the real now-fabled party destination for backpackers
2. Koh Rong Samloem - Relaxing with peacefulness
The vast length of protected Saracen Bay on Koh Rong Sanloem may be the ideal beach idyll.
Head to the island's west for a more private retreat vibe and sand-between-your-toes lifestyle. The oldest resort on Koh Rong Sanloem is Lazy Beach, a retreat (on the same beach) all about hammock swinging and sunset drinks. Sunset Beach lies further north, with only a few modest sand areas. Expect a beach vacation with a real local flavor rather than beautiful stretches of white sand.
People enjoying the beautiful beach and sea in Koh Rong Samloem
3. Koh Ta Kiev
Tired of elderly tourists reminiscing about Southeast Asia's primitive island life? Put Koh Ta Kiev on your radar; it might be your chance to have that experience for yourself.
Only a few low-cost resorts along the west and southwest shorelines offer hammock and canvas sleeping alternatives, as well as dorm and basic hut options.
However, if you want to experience an old-school-style sandy refuge, the best suggestion is to arrive sooner rather than later.
Travelers can be relaxing on the deck overlooking the sea, Koh Ta Kiev
4. Koh Thmei
If the abundance of bungalow pads on other islands is causing you to lose your mind, why not narrow your search to an island where you have no choice? The practically deserted island of Koh Thmei is outside Ream National Park, surrounded by mangrove woods, with just the tiny, environmentally conscious Koh Thmei Resort dotting the coast.
This is a fantastic island for nature lovers: the beach is filled with unusual shells, there's a coral reef for snorkeling close offshore, and the rainforest interior is home to over a hundred different bird species.
5. Koh Tang - Best island for diving
Calling all outdoor adventurers! Koh Tang is Cambodia's biggest island and one of the country's most underappreciated destinations for true explorers who enjoy exploring the unknown.
This island is 90% covered in woods, with many parts unknown. With just one hostel on the island, it is exceptionally well-conserved and unmarked by tourists, so if Koh Tang is on your agenda, be sure to prepare ahead of time!
Koh Tang is also the only island in Cambodia where visitors may go wreck diving at night, as night diving is the island's most popular attraction.
6. Koh Totang - Best island for unplugging
Blink-and-you’ll-miss-it In the Koh Sdach Archipelago, Koh Totang is castaway chic with significant green credentials. Nomads Land, the island's sole resort, stands in glorious solitude on the coast and raises the flag for sustainable chic.
The five quirky and colorful bungalows are a bohemian beachcomber's dream, strung with hammocks and plenty of snug deck nooks for relaxing out - yet solar power supplies electricity, drinking water is sourced from rainwater storage, and restrooms include composting toilets and bucket showers. Nomads Land demonstrates that you don't have to give up style to live off the grid.
Birds eye drone aerial view of a single pier in crystal clear blue sea on a secluded beach on the Cambodian island Koh Rong
Quick tips for travelers coming to Cambodian islands
- Travelers need to apply for a Cambodia visa to enter the country but visitors do not have much trouble getting a Cambodian Visa. You can easily obtain your Visa at the airport or border crossing once you get there. But for sure, we advise you to apply for the Cambodia online visa before the trip to ensure the approval visa and don't miss your plan to visit Cambodia.
- Ferries leave Sihanoukville at least three times daily (schedules vary seasonally) for both Koh Rong's Koh Tuch Beach and Koh Rong Sanloem's Saracen Bay and M'Pai Bay. Private boats provided by the resorts are required for travel elsewhere.
- High season lasts from November through March, with the busiest months being December and January, when hotels fill up quickly and costs skyrocket. The rains begin in June, but if you don't mind looking out your porch at storm clouds building on the horizon, you get the added pleasure of snatching a bungalow bargain.
- Don't forget to bring enough cash to endure the trip (there are no banks or ATMs on the islands), sunscreen, insect repellant for the fiendishly vicious sandflies, and a flashlight.
Hope this article has assisted you in locating the best Cambodian islands for your next adventure in this stunning country. Let's enjoy a totally different vibe - a fresh, lovely vitamin SEA for all tourists to unwind from their busy work and stressful social lives.
- Things to do in Poipet, Cambodia: A Gateway To Cultural Fusion
- Royal Plowing Ceremony in Cambodia: Agriculture through The Kingdom of Wonder’s View?
- Traveling from France to Cambodia For Every First Comer
- UAE To Cambodia - Everything You Need To Know
- Travel to Cambodia from Canada: The Important Requirements
- Travel to Cambodia from Philippines: Beyond Boracay's Beauty
- Weather in Cambodia: What Are The Seasonal Indications
- Angkor Wat Sunrise – Top 6 Best Spots for seeing
- Pchum Ben Festival: Explore Cambodian Spiritual Significance
- Discover The Captivating Beauty of Kampong Cham in Cambodia
- Travel To Cambodia From The US: Remarkably Useful Tips To Known
- Cambodia Currency For Travelers: Advice To Exchange Money For Best Rate And Safe
- Cambodia New Year: Traditions & Festivities for Travelers to Join
- What to do in Kampot: Things To Reach The Flavorful Adventure
- Travel from Laos to Cambodia: What Is The Best Way to Go
- Apsara Dance In Cambodia: History & The Best Places to See Tradition
- Angkor Thom - Exploring Cambodia's Giant Lost-City
- Bokor Mountain Cambodia - A Journey To The Past
- A Guide To Travel From The UK To Cambodia
- Kirirom National Park: A Small But Precious Biosphere Reserve
- The Cambodia Royal Palace: Beauty for All to Discover
- Traditional Cambodian Clothing - Exploring The Vibrant World Of The Nation
- Travel To Cambodia From Australia - The Most Helpful Tips
- Battambang Travel - Explore The Hidden Gem Of Cambodia
- Cambodia Language: Common Khmer Phrases For Travel
- Cambodia Public Holidays: National Events Highlights
- Water Festival in Cambodia: General & Tips for Travelers to Join Perfectly
- Siem Reap in Cambodia: What to Do & How to Get There
- Koh Rong: What Makes Cambodia's Most Attractive Island
- The Best Ways to Get to Cambodia from Thailand
- Vietnam to Cambodia: Basic Routes & Visas Guide for Travelers
- The Best Time To Visit Cambodia
- International Women’s Day
- Enjoy Sweet Valentine's Day with Cambodia e-visa promotion
- New Year - New Everything
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Join us if you dare for a halloween scare
- Wonderful beaches in Southeast Asia
- Top 3 famous tourist destinations in Southeast Asia
- Vesak Bochea Day in Cambodia: How is celebrated Buddha Day
- Phnom Bakheng: Best for Sunset Viewing
- Top 3 things to do in Phnom Penh
- Discover Angkor Wat in Cambodia - Place must visit for travelers
- Cambodia travel tips and advice for first-timer
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- Sihanoukville Airport opens renovated terminal
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot deal for Summer of Cambodia e-Visa
- Fascinating Cambodian Cuisine: 12 Unique Dishes to Feast On (Part 1)
- Top 5 Cambodia Souvenirs: Best things to buy
- Big Deals for Cambodia eVisa
- Phnom Penh’s most iconic restaurants
- Women’s Day promotion: Special offer for Cambodia e-visa
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- 10 best Cambodia beaches
- Cambodia Public Holiday in Year 2015
- The 10 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Cambodia
- 10 ways to save money when travelling
- 10 Top Tourist Attractions in Cambodia
- Best temples Angkor Wat in Siem Riep - The heart of Cambodia