By Jenna Jolie
Every tourist should put island hopping to Angkor Wat, the biggest religious structure in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on their priority list. You're in luck if you'd like to experience the magnificent monuments and extensive cultural legacy of Cambodia while you're in the Philippines. It is now simpler than ever to travel to Cambodia from the Philippines thanks to Cambodia's e-visa system.
Cambodia Immigration Services walks you through the easiest method to island-hop to Angkor Wat in this guide, along with all the information you need to know before you leave.
Cambodia visa policies for Filipino travelers
I'm from the Philippines, do I need a visa for Cambodia?
Yes. Travelers from the Philippines are required to possess a valid visa to enter and remain in Cambodia. Luckily, an electronic visa is now available to them. With an e-visa, Filipino passport holders are allowed to remain in Cambodia for at least 30 days if they intend to visit for both leisure and work.
The various kinds of visas that are accessible should be better understood if you want to travel to Cambodia for study, employment, or other purposes.
The online-only Cambodian e-Visa might be the finest option for travelers looking for visa categories.
Better Preparation and Planning: By getting an e-visa for Cambodia beforehand, you can better prepare and arrange your trip there. Because you will be completely informed of your legal status, you can avoid the stress and unpredictability of applying for a visa upon arrival. To make the most of your time in Cambodia, you can also use the extra time to organize your itinerary and do some study.
Should visit: Cambodia visa for Filipino citizens
A visa is an essential item for Filipino visitors traveling to Cambodia
Where can Filipino travelers use their e-Visa when they enter Cambodia?
Where can Filipino visitors to Cambodia register for their e-Visa?
The following customs checkpoints are presently accepting Cambodian e-Visas and allowing entry:
- International Airport in Phnom Penh.
- International Airport in Siem Reap.
- International Airport of Sihanouk.
Additionally, there are a few ground boundary crossing points for travelers to Cambodia:
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province - from Thailand).
- Poi Pet (Province of Banteay Meanchey - from Thailand).
- Bavet (province of Svay Rieng - from Vietnam).
- Border Post at Tropaeng Kreal (Stung Treang - from Laos).
It should be noted that Filipino visitors with an e-Visa can depart Cambodia from any international boundary crossing, even if it is not listed above.
5 practical items for Filipino travelers to the Kingdom of Cambodia
How do I travel from the Philippines to Cambodia?
Travelers from the Philippines currently have a range of options for getting to Cambodia:
- Flying to Cambodia is doable from significant Filipino towns like Manila or Quezon.
- If you want full convenience and simplicity while using the services, you should choose the big and well-known airports in Cambodia mentioned in the piece. First and foremost, get your e-Visa application approved.
Where in Cambodia can I swap money?
The vast variety of currencies available in Cambodia today is a result of the increasing number of tourists who visit the country each year. The three main currencies are widely used and recognized in Cambodia:
- The Cambodian Riel is the country's legal tender.
- Dollars US: The US dollar is now commonly recognized as money in many large retailers and other locations. Additionally, travelers should swap US dollars at the official exchange rate transaction centers in Cambodia. Additionally, you can choose from and use ATMs that give internet purchases.
- One option is to swap dollars at markets and small businesses, but this is not a safe way for tourists, so there is a risk of the exchange rate fluctuating. Everything is going to depend on your choices and thoughts.
Due to their closeness to one another, the Thai Bath and Vietnam Dong are two currencies that are commonly used in border areas. If you want to journey and buy in the border area and already have these two currencies, you don't need to change because trade is quite active and crowded here.
When is the ideal time of year to journey from the Philippines to Cambodia?
Taking into account your requirements for a trip's qualities:
- Travel to Cambodia between May and the beginning of October to save money. This season has few activities, making it the ideal time to escape crowds and save money.
- You can read a comprehensive piece about the best time to travel to Cambodia if you're searching for the most picturesque places to explore in Cambodia during the rainy season.
- Participate in the festivities. To help you choose the ideal vacation destination, you can find a summary of all the celebrations and Cambodian holidays observed each year.
Don't miss: Weather in Cambodia
The most ideal time to travel to Cambodia from the Philippines
What do I need to bring to Cambodia?
When planning a trip to Cambodia, it's important to know what to pack. According to the results of an Internet inquiry, the following items are some that you should consider bringing:
- Before traveling to Cambodia, make sure your passport is still valid for at least six months.
- Before arriving, find out if permission is required.
- Vaccinations: It is recommended that you attend a travel health facility and get any recommended vaccinations before your trip.
- Travel insurance: Please remember to purchase Travel Insurance that includes sufficient medical protection before departing your trip.
- Quick-dry towel: In a warm climate, bringing a quick-dry towel is more useful than bringing a big bath towel.
- Pack breathable, light clothing that is suitable for Cambodia's humid, hot environment. Bring comfortable shoes and flip-flops, too.
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellent to shield yourself from the weather and mosquitoes.
- Medical conditions: Make sure to bring all necessary drugs, as well as copies of them that include the generic names. If you wear lenses or glasses, bring an extra pair.
For a trip to Cambodia, do Filipinos need travel insurance?
Cambodian travel insurance is a must-have item for Filipino visitors traveling to Cambodia. Actually, the government advises purchasing trip insurance that includes at least $50,000 in coverage for unexpected medical expenses.
Please remember that although travel insurance is reliable for brief travels like those made for tourists, it is insufficient for extended stays. Instead, you must possess a valid Cambodian migrant health insurance policy.
Travel Insurance is a must-have item for tourists from the Philippines to Cambodia
The culture of Cambodia is what draws Filipino visitors with diverse preferences. They constantly strive to have wonderful encounters and recollections from their travels. This essay should enable readers to more clearly picture a general travel route to Cambodia from the Philippines. Visitors will undoubtedly appreciate the many intriguing utility services that Cambodia Immigration Services offers. Visit our website right away to learn more!